Chapter 34: Tailee's Senior Year

"Tailee!" Emily yelled from the cafeteria when Amber dropped me off.

“Emily!” I yelled back, meeting her halfway and hugging her.

“This is my cousin, Alicia. She likes to be called Lia, though. She transferred here from Maine.” I shook hands with Lia and sat down next to Emily at their table.

Soon, we were dismissed and we all seperated as people scrambeled to their classes.

“Welcome to senior year, students.” Mr. Howard, my homeroom teacher, said proudly.

Now that Drake's out of school, we don't get to see each other as often. What an understatement. He still meets me after school at the library on Wednesday's, and I still only go to school on that day. Everyday, around 3:00, I walk over to Drake's house and help him take care of Aris and Brandi when they get home from school. We also hang out on the weekends.

By the way, he's proposed to me. That's right, we're engaged. But don't freak out. It's not like we're getting married next month or anything. It's more of a promise than an engagement. Basically just saying that we'll be each others forever, and we won't date anyone else. Drake said that it's mainly for him, so he knows that I know that I'm still with someone, and I can't go around dating all the hot seniors while he's not there.

My dad got better, but he still stays at the hospital most of the time. He volunteers, helping with the patients in the physical therapy class that he was in. Mom got a part time job at the mall, and has been randomly sending me monthly gifts from her store, for some reason. Allie flew back over here, and Amber's currently full time at the U to make up for the time she missed with Allie being in England.

The school year just started, and Michaela and I are already planning her trip back this summer.