Chapter 12; Ellie's Letter

Dear Michaela,

I met the new girl today. She just left to get her things from her parent's house down in Vermont. Her name is Amber, and she has jet black hair in a little bob like Jessie J. Her eyes are a really bright blue, but they're not contacts. She has perfect vision. Which made me mad, because you know I wear contacts. But it's all evened out because she has braces. And I have straight teeth[: That's really selfish, I know. Sorry. She's 19 years old. It was actually kind of weird meeting her. She was wearing an Aztec design shirt and black leather shorts, but they were overalls. What would you call those? Short-alls? That sounds stupid. She also had those Aztec design TOMS that you and I saw that one time at the mall. The ones that you almost bought, but then changed your mind at the last minute.

She asked me if she could use me as a practice doll. It sounds so weird and experimental now, but it didn't when she asked. She wants to like, cut and color my hair. She also wanted to test out this new skin mask thing she was just taught in class. Sort of like a face mask, but for like, your arms and hands too, I guess. She wants to have “girl nights” with me and some of her college friends. She said they would love to paint my nails and stuff. Only if I was okay with it, of course. She made that part clear. I think I'm really going to like Amber. She's like an older you. (That's a good thing, BTW)

Amber's supposed to be coming back around 5:00 or so. Oh, tomorrow. Not today. Tomorrow will be.... April 18th. She's going to ask her friends and see if we can do the “girls night” on the 20th. Or the next weekend, the 27th.

OH. I've changed my name. It's not Ellison anymore. Grandmother Allie decided that I should just call her Allie and she would just call me Ellison, then she asked if I would like a different name. And I told her this morning that I wanted Tailee. Yep, Tailee. I think it's really cool. I was testing out different spellings all morning. Taylee. Tayleigh. Taileigh. Tay-Lee. Tay-Leigh. But I finally decided on Tailee. So now my new name is Tailee Ophelia. Not Ellison Ophelia Jamaica.

You might be wondering about school and crap. NOPE! Allie hired Amber to be my tutor so Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, she helps me with school work. That's how they worked out the “rent” and everything. Amber can live here for free if she tutors me. On Monday's, I stop by school to get my work, then come back home. I try the work myself on Monday, Amber helps me Tuesday. On Wednesday, I go for a full school day and after school, I'm supposed to be walking with.. Drake to the library a street down from the school.

I've been connecting with a girl from my school named Emily and she said that Drake is the “school sweetheart”. Every girl likes him, and he treats everyone like his girlfriend. But he won't date anyone. Emily said that he hasn't had a girlfriend since 8th grade, when his girlfriend (I didn't get the name of her) died in a car accident. Tragic.

But yeah, stop by to get work Monday, Amber tutoring on Tuesday, Drake tutoring on Wednesday, then Amber tutoring Thursday and Friday.

Allie already talked to the school about my name, so I don't have to worry about explaining to the teachers I want Tailee Ophelia instead of Ellison Ophelia Jamaica.

I wish you were here. I miss you, Michaela.

~ Tailee Ophelia