Chapter 2

“Ellison. Get up now.” My dad said, staring over me with a scowl on his face.

“What..?” I started to say, getting up. I had to retreat to the ground, though, because of my killer headache.

“Ellison!” Dad grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. “Where were you last night?”

“I was with Katherine.”

Dad started to say something but was interrupted by Mom. “At least she's not lying, Rick.”

“Are you on my side or her's, Theresa? The evidence is clear! She's got a hangover; what more do we need!?”

“Dad..” I started to say.

“No, Ellison. Go up to your room, now. We'll talk later.”

I finally stumbled up the stairs and into my bedroom. I pulled open my pajama drawer and changed. Then I climbed into bed and fell asleep.

“Ellison...” Mom said softly.

“Hm?”

“Wake up. Your dad wants to see you.”

I got up and walked downstairs, wrapped in a blanket. I sat down across from dad in the loveseat.

“Ellison, I am very disappointed in you.”

“Why?”

“Why? Are you really asking that? You went to a party last night, without permission, then got drunk! You couldn't even make it inside!”

“I know, I know. But would you rather me make a ruckus trying to get inside or sleep outside and not bother your sleep?”

“I would rather you be in your bedroom last night, not partying with Jacob Ruffision!”

“He's nice, Dad.”

“I don't care if he's a straight-up angel. You went to HIS party and got drunk.”

“Then why aren't you mad at him? If you seem to like to blame him for it?”

“I do blame him, Ellie. He shouldn't have given alcohol to minors. But I also blame you for taking the drink. We've taught you better.”

“Well I guess not enough.” I said under my breath.

“What was that? Are you really saying that this is our fault?”

“Well you seem to like to blame people. Why aren't you being blamed?”

“Ellison!” My mother yelled, walking over to me and shooing me back up to my room.