Coconut Milk

Untitled Groupchat

Childe
Please

(Y/n)
No

Childe
PLEASE

(Y/n)
NO

Childe
1000???? NO 3000!
I'll give you 4000 extra if you agree right now

(Y/n)
3000 AND 4000 WHAT
WHAT ARE THESE NUMBERS RN

Childe
MORA

Aether
Please just take the bribe
I'm with him right now it's safe... ish...

Childe
We're at the Bubu pharmacy just come see us 😋

(Y/n)
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME SO BADLY

Childe
Isn't it natural to want to meet up with a potential partner?
In business or other dealings

(Y/n)
SO YOU WANT TO HAND ME  SEVEN THOUSAND MORA
JUST SO I CAN SKIP MY HAPPY ASS OVER
TO SEE YOU FACE TO FACE
FOR LIKE THREE MINUTES

Childe
Yes.

Aether
I don't even know why you are fighting this you literally
Hiked up a snowy death mountain for a keychain

Childe
Snowy death mountain? 👀

(Y/n)
That is SO different
I hiked up that snowy death mountain for a man I ALREADY WORK WITH

Aether
OK NOT TO MENTION YOU ALMOST WENT FOR FREE TOO
(Y/N) THINK OF THE PROSPECTS HERE
THINK OF YOUR
hobby.

(Y/n)
.
Hey Childe
Is that offer still on the table

Childe
Absolutely

(Y/n)
I'll be there in five.

Aether
🤦‍♂️

Venti

(Y/n)
Yo is it logical to meet a stranger for 7000 mora

Venti
100%
save some for me

(Y/n)
Ofc

(Y/n) turned off her phone and looked towards the path in front of her. Liyue Harbor was honestly such a beautiful place.
Half the reason she wanted to stay a little while longer was to scope out the scenery she couldn't before, as the last time she came was for strict business dealings. Though if anyone asked she'd say it was for Aether's sake in not wanting him getting too deep into trouble. Which was more or less the true reason on why she relented and decided to meet up with him, and incidentally, the man who had been helping him out thus far. A man who happened to be a fatui harbinger.

"At least I'm making a few connections here." She thought to herself, rolling her eyes a bit as she thought more clearly about this peculiar situation. (Y/n) was really grateful Jean allowed this extended stay, even if it was only for a few days. She also knew that once she got back she'd have a pile of work waiting for her.

Waving away that thought, she mentally prepared herself for the extra paperwork, or worse, interrogations. She wasn't too adverse to doing her job, but squeezing the information out of too many people in a day was tiring work. It was the reason she couldn't stay longer and enjoy things at a slow pace in Liyue last time she visited.

In a way, (Y/n) kinda wanted to thank that criminal loser, Barnaby.

It wasn't long before the knight found her way to Bubu pharmacy. She narrowed her eyes, slightly looking around using her peripheral. The feeling of being watched manifesting into tiny goosebumps on her neck.

"Did Hu Tao find me or something? Geez." She wondered to herself, the thought scaring her slightly.

(Y/n) made a brisk walk up the steps to the pharmacy, hoping to do away with the feeling. Once getting closer, she saw the group she was supposed to be meeting.

Not even a second went by before Aether spotted her, sending a warm welcome her way.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" He slightly waved, an excitably awkward grin on his face. Paimon waved as well, floating next to him as per usual.

(Y/n) smiled back, immediately making her ways over to Aether, intentionally ignoring the giant ass man also present beside him.

"Aether! Finally, I get to see you!" (Y/n) gave the man a quick hug, followed by Paimon who demanded one as well.

"Yeah It's been hectic here lately, but I'm managing." He replied, scratching his head slightly.

A familiar man stepped into view, his dark brown lock of hair swaying behind him as he walked up to the knight.

"We meet again, happy to see you are doing well." Zhongli stated, moving his hands to and fro as he spoke.

"Oh! Zhongli! I didn't know you were here as well!" (Y/n) looked around the room a little more and also noticed a very green man and small child standing farther off into the back of the shop. She made a note in her mind, presuming the older man to be a worker. The child was a bit confusing but perhaps his daughter- or a patient. There was a bit of a dead fish look in her eyes so she cast her gaze elsewhere.

Thats when a certain tall man coughed into his hand, trying to gain attention.

"So Zhongli are you accompanying Aether?" (Y/n) completely brushed off the poor ginger's attempt at recognition.

"For a time, yes. We actually just returned from a certain.. errand." He glanced off into the distance, recalling his previous arrangements. He shook his head slightly, as if embarrassed about it.

Paimon spoke up this time, "We basically went on a wild goose chase to find a legendary cocogoat so that girl over there," She pointed towards the purple child, "could have some coconut milk." The white fairy let out a huge sigh.

"Why on Teyvat didn't you just get some coconuts." (Y/n) asked, slightly confused.

"WE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF MILK IT WAS BEFORE WE WENT LOOKING FOR IT."

Mr. tall man let out a huff at this, before hunching over slightly, grasping at his stomach.

"I'm sorry it's.. I... It's even funnier hearing it a second time." He shakily said, trying his hardest to hold back laughter.

(Y/n), still not understanding a thing, felt even more confused.

"Cocogoat milk is nothing like coconut milk?!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT COCOGOAT MILK IS???" Paimon and Aether both shouted, drowning out the ginger man's ever growing fit.

"IS IT NOT GOAT MILK WITH COCOA???"

Everyone stood in silence.

"Y'know we could've done that." Paimon started, finding the floor very interesting.

"That wouldn't have been what Qiqi was looking for, Paimon." Aether sighed out, crossing his arms.