𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 : 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙

☾︎✯☽︎

Rokuro drifted in a peaceful dream, his mind a blank canvas of sleep.

Suddenly, a sharp voice pierced the quiet, "Rokuro Enmado! Wake up!"

He jolted awake, heart hammering against his ribs. Amaya, Benio's imposing nanny, stood beside his futon, arms crossed and red eyes narrowed in a disapproving glare. Her dark hair, usually pulled back in a tight bun, seemed to crackle with static.

"Sleeping through your own alarm? Have you any idea what day it is?" Amaya boomed.

Rokuro stammered, still scrambling to wake up fully. "T-the first day back from... uh... holidays?" He blurted, bewildered by how the formidable woman had entered his room so effortlessly.

Amaya's scowl deepened. "Exactly! And here you are, snoring like a hibernating bear. Breakfast won't eat itself, young man. Get yourself moving, we have school!"

Rokuro scrambled out of bed, fumbling for his clothes. "B-but how did you..." he mumbled, bewildered.

Amaya cut him off with a sharp clap of her hands. "Details later! Now get a move on! And Rokuro," she added, her voice softening a touch, "try not to make Benio late."

Rokuro nodded frantically, a shiver running down his spine. He may have defeated monstrous Kegare, but facing the wrath of a seemingly omnipresent nanny was a whole new level of terror. School suddenly seemed much more appealing.

Following closely behind Amaya's imposing figure, Rokuro couldn't help but mutter under his breath, "But how did she get in?"

Amaya, with her hawk-like hearing, swiveled her head back. "Arima-sama granted me permission to visit and ensure things were running smoothly."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Amaya's stern expression softened into a smile as Benio appeared. The new school uniform clung to her figure, making her look surprisingly graceful.

"My, my, Benio," Amaya exclaimed, her voice warm. "You look absolutely lovely in your new uniform!"

Rokuro, however, choked on his own spit. "New uniform?!" he sputtered.

Benio, oblivious to his surprise, twirled a lock of her pale white-blue hair. The new uniform, a cute grey school dress, seemed to lose its blandness with her vibrant presence.

Rokuro finally got his voice back, his eyes wide. "Wait, isn't that... isn't that my school uniform?"

Amaya's smile vanished, replaced by a firm look. "That's right, Rokuro. Starting today, Benio will be attending the same school as you."