Chapter Nine

Sadistic Saint
CHAPTER NINE

A LITTLE WHILE AFTER, THEY FOUND themselves sitting in his truck, staring at the amusement park while eating some food

A LITTLE WHILE AFTER, THEY FOUND themselves sitting in his truck, staring at the amusement park while eating some food. Beyonce swung her feet over the edge, feeling the breeze brush through her hair. She watched him take another bite of his burger, tilting her head to the side.

"I can't believe you can eat that." She heard him say and she rolled her eyes. She was eating her mint chocolate chip ice cream with whipped cream, Sour Patch Kids, Skittles, and one 4-second drizzle of caramel. She believed this recipe was the only way to eat ice cream and everyone else was wrong.

"It's the best treat in the world. You wouldn't get it. You're boring and basic so I never thought you'd understand."

"You know what the best flavor is? Vanilla... no toppings."

"Like I said boring and basic." She said, watching as he chuckled. She placed the ice cream down and began eating from her burger. "I'm really glad you're doing better, Micheal."

"Yeah. I've been... this may sound stupid but I started drawing again." He said and she leaned into the seat, her eyes growing wider. "You like to draw?"

"When I have free time. I never keep the artwork because it just... I draw things that bring me stress and then throw it away. It helps take the emotions away." He shrugged, his blonde curls cascading onto his forehead.

"I'm sorry you even have to do that. She wasn't good for you." She scanned her eyes over the amusement park, feeling her throat tighten. "I knew that the moment I first saw you two together."

"Oh yeah?" Micheal asked, causing her to nod. He reached behind, grabbed his drink, and took a sip. The way his Adam's apple bobbed up and down was enough to cause the throbbing in between her legs to increase. She didn't understand why he could affect her like this, but she wasn't complaining. She felt alive whenever he was near.

"I wish I had that power. When you get to my age, you start to believe people could be mature enough to be in a real relationship." He chuckled painfully, swinging the bottle between his fingers.

She rested her drink on the car and began tracing the small tattoos on his wrist. "You're saying it like you're old. Mama said you're 36 and 36 is not old."

Micheal looked down at her acrylic nails that were caressing his skin, feeling his body suddenly relax. For some reason, her touch had the power to calm his nerves.

"I imagined myself married by now." He whispered, releasing a much-needed breath. She formed a frown on her lips. "Why?"

"Partly because it's what my mother wanted." He mused and she sensed the hesitation behind his voice. "I was an only child and she only ever wanted me to find someone to experience love with."