7. || Date Night

Zuri Aniyah Banks
The Next Day
HARLEM, NEW YORK

Zuri stared at herself in the mirror, examining her outfit. She smiled with contentment; she also felt a multitude of nerves from her excitement to experience her first date ever.

"I hope he like my outfit." She muttered, turning around to look at her backside.

She grabbed her phone off the bed when it started to ring, smiling when she read Amazi's contact name before she answered it.

"Hi, Bubba." She blushed, lightly touching her newly installed wig.

"Hey, boo. I'm pullin' up." He said.

"Okay. Stay in the truck, please. I told grams that I'm goin' out with Lola." She informed, grabbing her purse off the bed as she slid her feet in her slides.

"Okay." He sighed before she hung up the phone.

Zuri grabbed her camera, putting it in her purse as she walked to the living room. "I'm leavin', grams. I love you." She said, hugging her grandmother.

"Be safe, baby. I love you, too." Erin smiled, pulling away from the hug, and she watched Zuri walk out of the house.

Amazi held a bouquet of red roses in his hand as he stood in front of the passenger door, smiling when he saw Zuri.

"Aww. Thank you. I love them." She smiled, standing on her tippy toes to kiss him as she grabbed the flowers.

"I'm glad you love 'em, Z." He blushed, opening the door, and he helped her in the truck before closing the door.

Zuri smelled the flowers, looking in Amazi's direction when he entered the truck, and she grabbed his hand when he pulled off to head to their destination.

"I have a confession. This is the first time a guy has gotten me flowers." She nervously chuckled, smelling the bouquet of roses again.

"Good. I'm glad I get to be your first." He replied, bringing their intertwined fingers to his mouth, and he kissed her hand.

When a red light was approached, Amazi looked over at Zuri, analyzing her outfit with an impressed smile on his face.

Nodding his head, "You look pretty, boo." He complimented, kissing her hand for the second time, and she blushed.

"Thank you. You look very handsome." She winked, grabbing his face, and she repeatedly pecked his lips before kissing his cheek.

"You like to bowl, right?" He asked, laughing when she excitedly gasped.

"Yes. That's where we goin'?" She smiled, turning her body to be faced in his direction.

Amazi nodded his head, causing Zuri to dance in her seat as she hummed. He laughed at her innocent excitement, feeling himself become more hooked on her soul.

"Let's make a bet." She requested, laughing when he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"A bet? What kind of bet? Whatchu thinkin', Zuri?" He asked, hoping that she didn't say anything out of the ordinary.

"If I win, you have to buy me a car." She shrugged, sitting back in the seat.

"And if I win? What do I get if I win this bet that you wanna make?" He replied, adjusting the air in the truck before he glanced over at her.

"Whatever you want." She sighed, becoming discouraged that he would agree on the bet that she had put down.

"If I win, I wanna tell ya grandmuva about us." He honestly said, shrugging his shoulders when she mugged him.