14. || Trapped in the Closet

Zuri Aniyah Banks
One Week Later
HARLEM, NEW YORK

Zuri sat in the classroom while she surfed through her camera, viewing the photos and videos that she took of her and Amazi during their trip to Miami.

The memories made her reminisce on the cold beach water and warm sand against her skin, the childlike warmth that came from collecting seashells, the nice dinners, and their intimate mornings, evenings, and nights.

But mostly receiving a promise ring, getting a matching tattoo, and tattooing each other's names four times made her heart flutter.

She missed her lover, but with her grandmother getting more suspicious of her whereabouts and frequent "sleepovers at Loren, Raquel, or Ellmire's houses, Erin watched her more clearly at the moment.

Zuri hadn't seen Amazi alone since returning to Harlem. The only times that the two saw one another in person was when he stopped at Erin's house to give her money or picked Zuri up from college, only to meet one of her friends three blocks away from her house.

"I miss my man." She sighed heavily to herself, powering off the camera before she began to pack her belongings when the professor ended the lecture.

She held the strap of the booksack on her shoulder as she walked out of the building, and she stood near a half wall while she waited for Amazi to pull up.

"I know that's right, sis. Throw it back." She chuckled when she came across a sex tape as she scrolled on Twitter.

"Anyways." She sighed, scrolling past the video to continue lurking on the timeline until she felt a presence near her.

Looking at the unknown woman next to her, "Hey, can I help you?" Zuri asked, slowly stepping away because she didn't like strangers too close in her personal space.

"Hi. I was lookin' for the student center and you're the only person that I felt comfortable to ask." The woman said, smiling at her.

"Oh. Sorry. You'll just go left and make a right when you pass the library. The student center will be right in front of you." Zuri directed.

"Thank you. What's your name?" The woman asked, holding her hand out.

Looking down at her offered hand, "No offense, but I don't shake everyone's hand. But my name is NiyNiy. Yours?" Zuri replied, fiddling with the ends of her braids.

"Millian, but you can call me Millie for short. It was nice meetin' you." Millian smirked, walking away in the direction of the student center.

"Well, that was oddly weird." Zuri shrugged, heavily sighing before she saw a black truck, and she smiled when the window rolled down to reveal Amazi.

She jogged to the truck, quickly getting inside, then she grabbed his face with both hands, pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

Her tongue explored his mouth, savoring the taste of his saliva. The two lowly moaned into the kiss, smiling when she sucked on his tongue before pulling away.

"I missed you, Bubba." She smirked, tilting his head with her hand, and she kissed on his neck twice, only to suck on two different areas to leave two dark hickies.

"I missed you, too. Think you can come to my crib for a few hours without Ms. Erin throwin' a fit and blowin' up ya phone?" He asked, driving off the campus.

"Honestly, no. This is too much. I think it's about that time of tellin' ha the truth." She replied, rolling her eyes when she received a text message from her grandmother asking if she was on the way home from school.