10. || What Happens in Colorado, Stays

Zuri Aniyah Banks
One Week Later
HARLEM, NEW YORK

Zuri excitedly packed her suitcase, preparing for her trip to the cabins in Colorado. To prevent her grandmother from finding out about the two or the trip, they chose to wait until Erin travelled to Texas for the week.

After she finished packing her suitcase and toiletries bag, Zuri went to the bathroom to complete her morning hygiene before she put on her airport outfit.

Hearing her phone ring, she eagerly answered it when she read Amazi's contact name on the screen display.

"Good morning." She smiled, holding the phone between her ear and shoulder as she moved her belongings to the living room, sitting them near the front door.

"Good morning, boo. You ready?" Amazi asked, tapping the Uber driver's shoulder, signaling for her to honk the horn.

"Yes." Zuri replied as she opened the front door to allow him to walk inside to grab her belongings, and he carried them to the car.

Once Zuri locked the door behind her, she walked to the Uber, getting inside of the car when Amazi opened the door for her.

"You excited, boo?" Amazi asked as he put an arm around Zuri's body, bringing her closer to him as they sat in the backseat of the Uber.

"Yes. You?" She smiled, laying her head on his shoulder as she gently rubbed her hand on his stomach.

"Yeah." He smiled, kissing her forehead a few times until she giggled at his well needed affection.

Amazi and Zuri arrived at the airport in thirty minutes, handling everything that was needed to be handled before boarding the plane. After a three and a half hour flight plus the extra hour in the airport and twenty minute drive to their cabin, they were finally at their destination.

Zuri Aniyah Banks
CURRENT TIME
DENVER, COLORADO

"This is so nice." Zuri chuckled, staring around at the beautiful greenery that surrounded her and Amazi's secluded cabin.

"I'm glad you like it, Z." Amazi smiled, kissing her cheek before he began to take their belongings inside of the cabin. He tipped the driver a hundred dollars, thanking her before she drove off.

"Oh my goodness." Zuri muttered as she held her camera up, taking multiple pictures of the beautiful scenery. She wanted to capture physical memories of this trip.

"Come look at the cabin, boo." Amazi said, grabbing her hand to lead the way in the cabin, and he walked around, showing her every area.

"It's so pretty in here." She chuckled, tightly holding his hand as they walked to the bedroom, and she gasped.

"What?" He chuckled, looking back at her, and she ran to jump on the bed. He loved seeing her happy and he loved that the simple things brought her joy.

"Take me a picture, my Mazi." She smiled, adjusting the camouflage beanie on her head while he went to the camera app on his phone.

zurianiyah