17. || In Love with the Bad Boy

Amazi Pablo East
One Week Later
HARLEM, NEW YORK

"Yo, East!" Devon called out from the other side of the bedroom door, knocking on it until he received a response from Amazi.

"Get the fuck from by my door, Lik." Amazi replied, throwing a book at the door when the knob started to rattle.

"Fuck no! Yo ass been trippin' since the breakup with Zuri. Unlock the damn door, nigga." Devon sighed as he knocked on the door again.

"Ain't you married? Worry about yo wife and not me." Amazi groaned, slowly standing up from the bed, and he drunk the lean in the cup that sat on the nightstand.

"You know why I'm married to the woman I love? Cause I neva' cheated on ha. Now, come out the room and stop actin' like a victim." Devon lectured, laughing when Amazi finally opened the door with a frown plastered on his face.

"Fuck you and your marriage, Lik." Amazi sighed as he walked out of the bedroom, going to the living room.

"Bout time, nigga." Treyvion chuckled when he saw his older brother walking in the living room, clearly groggy and high.

"The breakup, which you caused got you fucked up, East." He added, laughing when Amazi threw the remote controller at him.

"Don't be mad at him cause you cheated on yo girl and killed ha best friend's sister." Alejandro chimed in, sitting on the couch.

"So all y'all niggas against me?" Amazi asked, taking another sip of the lean.

"Nah, we ain't against you. We just holdin' you accountable." Devon shrugged, sitting on the arm of the couch.

"And ain't you the same muthafucka that helped me kill that stupid bitch?" Amazi asked Alejandro, deepening his frown.

"Yeah, I am. She deserved it, but I'm not the one that kept it from my girlfriend, knowing that her best friend is the bitch sister." Alejandro nonchalantly replied before he lowly chuckled.

Treyvion stood up from the couch, walking over to Amazi. "I understand you heartbroken and shit, but this won't stop the pain." He said, taking the cup of lean from his brother's hand.

"Give me my shit back, Trey." Amazi frowned, following him to the kitchen.

"No. You think gettin' high everyday gone bring ha back faster? Fuck no, it's only killin' yo grumpy, ugly ass faster." Treyvion stated as he poured the lean down the kitchen sink before washing it out with water.

Ever since Amazi broke into Loren's house to force a conversation with Zuri, he'd been giving her the space that she asked for despite it being too hard to give her. No contact had been driving him insane.

To cope with the overwhelming emotions that he experienced, Amazi had been getting high on lean and weed everyday, waiting to hear from Zuri.

He couldn't avoid the thought of her. He thought about her sober. He thought about her intoxicated. He dreamt about her every night. His tattoos reminded him of her.

"I fucked up bad. I love that girl to death and I fucked it up, man." Amazi vented, holding back the tears that threatened to fall down his face.

"I understand you love shorty, but you need'a be gettin' ya self together so that when she do reach out to talk, you'll have a clear mind." Devon suggested.

"And would if she don't reach out? That's a possibility, Lik." Amazi replied, sitting down next to Alejandro on the couch.

"Then deal with that shit, man. You gotta remember that she ain't cheat on you. You cheated on ha. She get to call all the shots on this situation, East." Devon honestly stated, hoping that his words wouldn't set Amazi off.