6. || Sneaking Around

Zuri Aniyah Banks
SAME DAY
HARLEM, NEW YORK

"What time ya grandmuva come back?" Amazi asked as he looked around, walking in the bedroom while he held Zuri's hand.

"Seven." Zuri replied, sitting her bag on the floor in the corner of the bedroom. She looked at the drenched clothing that they wore, sighing.

Zuri went in the drawers to grab clean clothing, and she walked to the bathroom, starting the shower. She walked back in the bedroom, putting on a bonnet before she looked at Amazi.

"Do you wanna get out of those wet clothes, Bubba?" She asked, lowly chuckling.

"Yeah. I got some clothes in the truck. Take ya shower and I'll get in after you, boo." He said, causing her to smile.

"Go get the clothes and you can use my shower, East. I'll shower in grams' bathroom." She responded, going in the bathroom to grab her phone and clothes.

Amazi and Zuri finished taking their showers before they went to her bedroom, comfortably lying in her bed as they watched The Walking Dead.

"Yo hair look kind of bad from the rain." She chuckled, touching his braids that her grandmother had did.

"I figured that. You'll take 'em out?" He asked as he smacked his lips, laying his head on her lap.

"Okay." She laughed, reaching to grab the comb off the nightstand.

Zuri used the comb to take down the braids, briefly looking at the television when the show started to get interesting.

"So the nigga best friend fuckin' the wife? I would've had to kill him." Amazi nonchalantly stated, frowning at the television.

"Woah. Calm down, Don Pablo." Zuri laughed, carefully combing out his hair from the ends to the roots to detangle it.

"Shane knew Rick wasn't dead?" He asked, sitting up from her lap, and she laughed at the emotions that he felt from a fictional television show.

"No. Shane really thought Rick was dead, but it don't make it right that he had sex with Lori." She explained, chuckling when he shook his head.

"I'll deadass fuck that nigga up." He scolded, sighing as he laid his head on her lap again, and she laughed.

"It's just a show, Mazi. Relax." She said, taking down the rest of the braids.

"You right." He laughed, handing her the scrunchie, and she put his hair in a ponytail.

"Aight, I'm done." She smiled as she lightly patted his shoulders before snuggling under the covers to warm up.

"You hungry?" Amazi asked, lying down next to her, and he wrapped his arms around her body as he rested his head against hers.

"Mmcht, I can eat." She jokingly replied, reciting a joke from Kevin Hart - Let Me Explain.

"You gotta grow up." He laughed, shaking his head at her humor, and she joined him in laughter.

"You knew I was a youngin', don't try to change me." She chuckled, setting an alarm on her phone for two hours.

"But no. I'm not hungry- just sleepy." She answered, closing her eyes as she adjusted to the new feeling of cuddling with someone.

"Well, let's take a nap, boo." He replied, kissing her shoulder before they drifted off to sleep.

After two hours of taking a nap together, the alarm went off, waking Amazi and Zuri up. He turned the alarm off before placing a soft kiss on her cheek, and she opened her eyes to stare at him.