20 - Two Kids?

The three of us sat in a plaza area of Yorktown, luckily there's a lot of people around to cover ourselves. Machi and Nobunaga sat in silence across from me. Paying close attention to their surroundings.

While I keep whining and tugging on the so called "disguise" I had. The wig was giving me a headache and these dumb glasses pinched my nose.

"I should have stayed back..."

Saying as I fumbled onto the table feeling defeated by mere appearance accessories. Until the two broke their silence.

"We're being observed."

Nobunaga said in a low but kinda annoyed tone. As the three of us looked at each other not trying to make it obvious we knew.

"And they're not amateurs."

Machi continued as she looked at me and Nobunaga with the same dead poker face she always had.

"Yeah. I can't tell where they are. They're watching us."

Nobunaga said as I tried to sense anyone in the area as well. But there's nothing, no aura just the presence of them.

"Is it the chain user?"

Me and Machi asked simultaneously then looking at each other before laughing a bit. I've never seen Machi laugh really. She genuinely looked happyish. But really none of the Phantom Troupe seem to smile besides Shalnark, that magical guy hisoka, and sometimes Chrollo. Plus Uvo.

"No idea, but if it is. The boss gave us free rein to do whatever we want."

He said with huge the monotone yet deadly voice. As if he was ready to kill.

We sat in quiet for a second at his statement before Machi continued,

"I don't know about you, but I got the distinct impression he wants us to recruit him."

At her words Nobunaga gave a small glare.

"Machi..."

His tone was more clear than before.

"The boss said to find him and being him back. Those were our only orders. Come on. You have forgotten all about the unspoken rule, have you?"

This caused me to interrupt his words.

"Unspoken rule?"

The two looked at me then each other before nodding their heads slightly.

"Alive or dead and by any means necessary."

They both stated before Nobunaga continued what he was saying before with a sigh.

"You're welcome to interpret the boss's orders any way you see fit. But you can't force me into agreeing with you."

"Don't put words in my month, all right? Besides you're the one forcing the issue."

As this conversation continued their auras began to change, as if their feelings were pouring out into the atmosphere.