Chapter 16 | life goes on

It seemed like both the couffiane twins had some news to share, because once Adrien had told Luka about the call he picked up last night, Luka was quick to open his laptop and video chat his sister.

Still in bed mind you- Adrien's bed.

And it seems both twins had their honorary blondes with them too.

"Shut the fuck up- Adrien?! Holy shit hi!" Roses had said almost the moment the call connected.

"Hi" he laughed in reply "long time no see"

"Luka you never told me you'd found Adrien again"

"I thought Juels would have told you!" Luka said.

Jueleka shrugged.

"Forgot. A lot going on, but still- hi! Damn you look different, since when was your hair wavy?" She said.

"Since forever but modelling made me kill it with products" Adrien complained.

The girls definitely looked different. Not in any dramatic way, they were will the same old Rose and Jueleka just older and seemingly healthier. Adrien recalled finding out Rose had some chronic issues back in school, she seemed healthier now. Her hair grown out a bit longer, her skin more tinted with life and her eyes much brighter. Juleka looked healthier too, mentally that is. Still as gothic as ever, but she was smiling, spoke clearer, more full of life. It was nice to see, the two had definitely been going through it behind the scenes back in school.

"Dude there's so much to catch up on" Jueleka said.

"Ugh I know, I feel like there's a million details I keep forgetting to mention every time we talk" Luka replied.

"Ok before I say my thing, I NEED to know what Adrien has been doing. All I heard from useless at telling me things Luka here was that you live close by now"

Luka feigned offence, scoffing playfully.

"I am not useless- ok yeah I am, I forget things" he snickered.

"Fuck I mean, how do I even explain everything? Very long story short- left Paris because yay trauma... for a year or so I was basically just a full time carer for Nathalie while she went though the thick of her illness. She's ok by the way, much much better. Then we moved cities to be closer to the clinic for treatment... kind of just moped around for a while to be honest, had no idea where to go from there..." Adrien explained.

The girls gave him a sympathetic nod, they had a feeling Adrien would have been going through the mental trenches for a while after the whole hawkmoth thing.

"Then I run into Luka at his work, we pick up where we left off. I'm a writer now, well- will be when I finish the first draft-" Adrien continued.

"Send me the draft I'll beta read, I need to see this" Jueleka said.

"Me too! You always got the BEST grades in creative writing, I need to know" Rose added.

That's three separate beta readers he's got here now, his boyfriend, his boyfriends sister and his boyfriends sisters girlfriend. And to be honest Nathalie will probably want to read it to, so make that four beta readers. This book is going to be absolutely flawless with that many eyes on it to catch typos or plot holes.

"Sure, no chance of any mistakes with this many beta readers" Adrien snickered.

"We'll go through that book with a fine toothed comb, don't you worry" Luka chuckled.

That was mostly all Adrien had to update on, aside from the whole father dying thing. But that was all over the news anyway, the girls probably already knew.