Chapter 1: A Not-So Normal Day

Narrator:

The rays of sunlight beam down onto our story's universe. Not so far off, you can see an orange hotel. Ah right! This is Hotel OJ! Where we find our characters!

In the kitchen, we find a few awake objects sitting at a table eating or cooking breakfast. But that's not who we're looking for. Let's go up a few floors and see who it is!

Here we are! The room where our main character(s) sleep! Oh? Is it my time to stop talking? Wait, but... 

WAIT WAIT WAI-

Nickel's POV:

I blink open my eyes and twist around, grumbling. Giving a yawn, I crawl out of my bed and grab my phone. 7:45 am. Huh. Giving a stretch I make my way towards the bathroom.

I hear a soft snore coming from the bed across to mine. I glance back to see the shape of Balloon.. my roommate.

Now, me and Balloon are on good terms, but that's not how it's always been. First he acted as a manipulator in Season One since he thought it was his role, then I emotionally abused him and... never mind, in Season Two, then he forgave me in Season Three. Wow, enemies to lov- friends! Friends, I mean. 

Well, we still have arguments now and then, but we're sticking together! A warm smile forms on my face. My therapist would be so proud.

I then realize how sappy I'm being. Making a disgusted face to myself, I enter the bathroom, hoping my thoughts about Balloon would drift away.

*Not too long later*

I step out of the bathroom, noticing that Balloon's still asleep. I think about waking him up, and ironically he does.

"Hey sleepyhead." I call out to the sleepy balloon.

Balloon stretches his arms and a yawn escapes him. It's kinda cute... WAIT! NO NICKEL! Sappy weird feelings go down into a hole which you'll neverletescapebecausenoonehastofindit. Yep! 

"Good morning, Nickel!" He chirps, smiling at me. FEELINGS DON'T YOU DARE.

I give him my usual smirk, hoping I wasn't blushing.

"Look who decided to wake up early. Wow!" I give an eyeroll. Balloon was known to wake up later.

Balloon rolls his eyes back at me. He climbs of the bed, floating for a second before landing. 

"Ha, ha." He retorts playfully. His eyes then light up. "You look glad to see me... probably wanted my company, huh?" He teases.

"Of course! I wasn't just about to leave," I respond sarcastically. 

Balloon sightly frowns. "You didn't want my company?" He asks.

"Wait, what? No- of course not! I didn't mean it like that! I- I-"

"Look at your face! You're so flustered!" Balloon starts to laugh.

I scowl playfully at him. "Shut up!" 

Oh no... I can feel the blush rising to my cheeks. NO NO NOOOOO! CALM YOURSELF DOWN NICKEL. MAYBE BALLOON WON'T NOTICE!

"Awww, are you blushing?" Balloon makes the most adorable smug face ever. I start to heat up even more.

"I'M NOT BLUSHING, YOU'RE BLUSHING! I'M GOING DOWN FOR BREAKFAST!" I yell, comically jumping into the air.

I turn around and open the door (with his grippers... i should stop). I almost slam it, but I don't. I'm literally fuming. And blushing. BUT MOSTLY FUMING. HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME LIKE THAT BALLOON. I make my way to the elevator and press the button to the lobby floor.