~𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚~

On Friday evenings, there's a weekly party that takes place, but this week, Sanemi is particularly insistent on attending this party and has been begging me to go with him all week long.

Despite my repeated refusals, he keeps pestering me. I've been hesitant to go to parties lately since the last time I attended one, it didn't live up to my expectations even though it was quite thrilling. The past few weeks have been exhausting, but it feels like Sanemi and I are finally starting to grow closer, even though we're not officially dating yet. It feels like we're making progress.

Normally, Sanemi likes going to parties, but he rarely asks me to go with him. Although he does ask, he usually accepts my initial refusal. However, this time, he's not willing to take "no" for an answer. He's been bugging me about it all week long, asking me at least three times a day, and giving me a pleading look that makes me laugh every time.

On Friday, he still hasn't given up, and he comes up behind me with a cheerful voice, "Hey."

I look around to see him smiling as if he's about to ask me something. "Yeah?" I reply.

"Ca-," he starts to say.

"No," I interrupt him, and his smile fades away.

"What?" he whines.

"No," I say with a smile of my own.

"Please?" he begs, throwing his head back. "Why not?"

"Because... I just don't want to," I say, turning my head to avoid his gaze.

The truth is that I'm not sure how Sanemi behaves when he's drunk. I've only seen him under the influence once, and it wasn't terrible. It wasn't bad at all, but I don't know how he would act in a different environment. He could be a total jerk when he's drunk, and I don't want to see that side of him yet. I like how things are between us, and I don't want to spoil it.

He stands in front of me, looking for a reason to convince me to go to the party. "What do I have to do for you to say yes?"

I tap my chin, mimicking what they do in the movies, and then say, "You could not drink," almost as if I'm questioning him.

"What!? Why?" he protests.

"Because," I say, shaking my head slightly. "It doesn't matter." He looks at me, confused. "Please," I add, sticking out my bottom lip.

He holds up four fingers. "Four?"

And just like that, we start bargaining. "Two?" I suggest.

"Three," he counters.

"One," I say confidently, feeling like I'll get what I want.

"Two!" he says.

"Fine, two," I say playfully, rolling my eyes. I see him make a fist and pull down, cheering at our agreement. We begin to walk down the side of the hall by side. "So, are you going to pick me up?" I ask.

"Sure," He replies. "Is eight okay?"

"Yep," I answer with a bit of joy in my voice and a pleasant smile.

He turns to me and asks, "Did you do the homework?"

I give him a nod. Before he can respond, I begin to talk again. "And yes, you can copy off of it," I say, sliding my backpack off my shoulder. I reach in and pull out a piece of paper. As I hand it to him, he mouths me. "Thank you." I mouth back to him. "You're welcome." I smile, closing my backpack.

"How come you never do your homework?" I ask already, knowing the answer.

"Because I don't want to, and you are way better at math." He says, grabbing the paper.

"That's exactly what I thought." I let out a small laugh.

"What are you going to wear?" His tone is light, but I can tell he's genuinely interested.

"Hm," I hesitate. "Y'know I haven't really thought about it." I look up at the white ceiling with little black dots trying to imagine myself in a few outfits to see what looks best. "A pair of Jeans. No ripped jeans. And... your hoodie!" I say smiling.

"Hey! I've been looking for that!" He exclaims acting as if he's mad but I know he could never really be mad at me. I giggle at this. "Honestly I'm surprised you still have it." He says to me.

"I don't think I'll ever give it back." My smile gets bigger. "It's so soft inside! Is it polyester?" I ask.

"I don't know. Do you think I pay attention to that kind of stuff?"

I shrug. "I like to way it smells," I say wrapping my arms around his left arm. "It smells like your cologne. The one you always wear." He nods with a slight smile. "What about you? What are you going to wear?"

"Who knows?" He says more as a statement than a question.

"I bet some of the cheerleaders could predict what you'll wear." I look away from him to hide my jealousy over something that I don't even need to be jealous about.

"That's because they're creeps. They're like little stalkers. They follow me around because they have nothing better to do with their life." He states.

"I think they do. They just choose not to." I reply.

He scoffs. "I doubt it." He counters.

I tilt my head to the side to show that I'm somewhat agreeing with him and somewhat not. "Well, I'm off to catch the bus. Bye!" I wave to him "Bye" before running off.

"Bye." I hear him say back as I run out of the school doors towards the busses.

I run out and meet my sisters on the bus. I hop on with a grin across my face, thrilled about tonight.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

W/C|1021

Sorry, this literally took FOREVER. I'm so sorry. I like totally lost motivation there for a moment but then I got comments from 3 people in my comments in the last chapter and that really made me smile so it came back. Thank you guys for all the support! Love you pookies!! Have a great day!!

𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮 ☆ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒂