Chapter Twenty-One: Shooting Star

"How the hell do you still manage to have good skin even when you're stressed!" I exclaim.

"what can i say? i'm just full of surprises." Lorenzo says, as I rolls my eyes.

Despite everything that happened, hogwarts has been peaceful, i know it wasn't Mattheo's fault, but i've been distancing myself. He has too. And i wonder why, even though it was him. He probably sees it as some sort of way of getting back at him. Even though i'm just trying not to run into his father again. He was so close to killing both of us, and now he wants one of us dead. We postponed the wedding for another few weeks, since we both are still not in the right headspace for that.

"you doing okay Elle? I know it's been a rough couple of weeks for you." Lorenzo asks me.

"yeah i'm fine." i say.

"Well come to me if you need anything. You seen Theo lately?" he asks.

"oh-uh no, i haven't. sorry enz." i say.

"oh. it's fine. I suppose i can hang out with Malfoy." He says.

"yeah if he's not making out with someone." i say.

"you are so lucky you don't have Mattheo as your roommate. He brings in as many girls as he possibly can and has been for a few weeks. ever since-" i cut him off.

"okay i know. after we came back from...wherever we were. but seriously, you've walked in on him?" i ask.

"oh yeah." he says.

"...is it as big as it was when i last saw it?" i ask.

"omg ellie i forgot about that, that's disgusting!" he pauses for a moment. "it's big." he says.

"i thought so." i say.

"are you interested in him?" he asks.

"i don't think i ever was. it's just...different now. i don't wanna get hurt again. and i also don't want that for him, and i know distancing myself probably isn't the best idea but-...now i'm rethinking." i say.

"Then just talk to him." he says.

"No i don't have the guts." i say.

"Sure you do. If you have the guts to agree to marry that bastard, then you can tell him how you feel." He says.

"are you sure? Is marrying him even a good example in this context?" i ask

"well it's the best example we have. So far. Or the fact that you guys f-" i cut him off.

"we are never gonna talk about that." I say.

"it happened. How though? He's such a bitch sometimes." He says.

"And who was it inviting him everywhere?" I ask.

"yeah i only did that because i knew y'all liked each other. Pansy knew too." He says.

"You asshole! I didn't and do not like him! And will never like him! Ever!" I say.

"ok ok, fine! You got a date to the christmas Ball yet? Or the new years one?" He asks.

"I was thinking Pansy, Daphne and I could just go as friends but i don't know, because Pansy and Draco have been seeming to get along nicely." I say. He chuckles.

"So i'll take that as a no?" He asks.

"correct." I say.

"Would you wanna go with me?" He asks.

I felt like i forgot how to breathe. I love Enzo so much. But not in the way I think he's hoping. At least i think. Enzo's sweet, sometimes. But I feel guilty for what happened with Mattheo, so is going to both balls with another guy the way to feel better? The balls in three weeks, the new years one, the day after. But that also means that...

"It's okay if you don't, i just wanted to ask. And since your Birthdays the week before, maybe we could go out with Pansy, Daphne and Malfoy. Do something nice, you know?" He says.

"You know what? I'd actually very much like to go to the balls with you. And going out on my birthday sounds very fun, I'd love to." I say.

"good. And are you sure you haven't seen Theo? I'm getting extremely worried." Enzo says.

"i'm sure. The last I saw him was when he stormed out that one night." I say.

"Oh. I think i'm gonna go look for him. Take care of yourself." Enzo says before departing from me as i smile and walk back to my dorm.

My shoes sound loud against the floor in the quiet halls. As i reach the handle of my door, I almost feel relieved i've made it back in the very dark night.

As i turn open the door I see pansy in a very provocative position with a very unclothed draco hovering over her.

"Oh...My god! Lock the door next time! Dumbasses!" I exclaim as I walk out, shutting the door behind me.

I practically shudder. I know Daphne is probably asleep so i can't crash in there, going to enzo's is pointless because he's not even there, but Mattheo probably is, Theo is Missing and Malfoy is clearly having a fun time with Pansy. Only place I can find peace this time of night is the astronomy tower. I would bring cigarettes but I can't even get in my dorm.

As I make my way up the steps, that echo the sound of my shoes, I make my way to the top, where you can see the breathtaking view of the black lake and the stars in the sky, followed by the bright moon. Also followed by a voice. One I had been willing to stay away from.

"What are you doing here?" The voice asks. The person turns around, cigarette present in its hand, curly dark hair falling down in front of its face with subtle scarring and blood covering its hands, uniform and face. Riddle.

"Trying to find peace. What about you?" I ask him.

"Contemplating." He says.

"Contemplating what?" I ask.

"Contemplating what I should do about you trying to ignore me. I went along with your little game, but i'm about fucking sick of it." He says sternly.

"Boohoo. Share." I say gesturing to his cigarette. He scowls, takes out another one and roughly throws it to me, to which i catch with ease. He look somewhat amused.

"you intrigue me. And i'm not sure why. Maybe it's your truth telling. Or...your easily detected lies. What are you really doing up here?" He asks.

"Enzo left me to find Theo, and my roommates having sex with someone. Good enough?" I ask rolling my eyes. He chuckles.

"Pansy right? I'm guessing it's draco she's with. He was always very...freaky i suppose." he says.

"How would you know?" I ask.

"I've known him longer than you Gilldroy. His family is one of the greatest slytherin families and is supposedly next in line for royal family if I don't manage to have kids." He says.

"Yeah well don't see that happening anytime soon. You are rough on all edges." I say.

"yeah you would know that wouldn't you?" He asks.

"shut up. it was one time, it meant nothing." I say.

"didn't look like it was nothing. didn't feel like it was nothing." He says.

"what are you trying to say?" I ask him.

"i'm trying to say that i don't think what we have is nothing. You will come to face it one day. You'll see." And with that final word he apparates away leaving me in a state of pure confusion.

I look back out to the stars, they never do anything wrong. They never have to deal with relationships or anything really. I could've been a star. But i'm not. If anything i'm a...shooting star. It gets seen and admired by people at some point. But once it's gone, once it's left, nobody cares anymore. So I am a shooting star.
________________________________
hi loves! I just switched the picture for this story and I absolutely love it!! And I hope you do too! Have an amazing day!!❤️❤️