Chapter Twenty-Two: Two Lovers, Same Fate

TW: CONTAINS VIOLENCE, MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, TRAUMATIC INJURIES, BLOOD
_____________
Mattheo's POV
————————-
"I'm about fucking sick of you."

"You can't deny your father would rather have me as a son. Not a fucking disappointment like you." Nott says, the wand staying firm in his hand, as mine shakes slightly.

"Call me a disappointment again. I dare you." I say.

"Disappointments shouldn't have fathers. They shouldn't be princes. Leave that up to upstanding citizens, such as myself. But for the princess...well, that's a different story. Ellie's a bright one yea?" Nott stupidly asks.

"Don't bring her into this, you know it was not her fault." I say.

"Her fault or not, she agreed."

"My father would've killed her if she said No! He would've killed me! You don't want to be on his side, trust me. He'll use you, then throw you out the utter piece of trash you are." I say.

"Seems as your father doesn't agree. Neither does he like all the things you've been saying." Nott says.

At the end of his sentence, I feel a curse hit me. The Cruciatus Curse. I let out a loud pained groan as i fall to my knees. The pain doesn't affect me as it used to. It's kinda normal, when it shouldn't be. When the curse is lifted I look up to see my father looking down at me.

"I am disappointed son. As clever as you are, you are not clever enough. Young Theodore Nott here, has given me what I've been waiting and wanting for. Power. He's gathered men, threatened enemies while you sit around and worry about a girl. Your wedding should be very...special." At the end of his sentence, the same green magic comes out of his wand. Only stronger. That pained groan turns into silence, as I try to control the pain inside of my body. I painfully and slowly look up at him.

"Y-you will never...get what you want. Theo will betray you. You'll see." At the end of my sentence, the pain is taken away from me but replaced by a hard fist to my stomach, to which I let out a wheezed grunt. This is going to be a long ass day.
_________
Ellie's POV
——————
"Oh come on, I'm sure you'll find him."

"Ellie I haven't seen him in weeks. What if he just straight up disappeared? What if he never comes back?" Enzo asks.

"He will. He won't just up and disappear. You know him." I say.

We haven't seen Theo in weeks. We have literally no idea where he is, or where he went. He's been missing from classes and everything.

The walk back to my dorm was silent.
Apart from both of us breathing.

When we got back, Pansy was gone, im assuming she's shagging draco somewhere. Classes were not a priority right now, so i didn't go. Enzo and I both sit on my bed, trying to fill the silence.

The silence was definitely filled when a knock on the door startled me.

I got up and opened the door.

To my surprise it wasn't pansy getting something, it wasn't Theo, It was Mattheo. A very hurt Mattheo.

He was bleeding from both his nose and mouth, with a faint smell of blood and cigarettes coming from him. He was down on his knees, looking the weakest i think i've ever seen him. I took a step back when he turned his head away from me and retched.

"Who the fuck did this?" I ask.

He just shakes his head and looks at the ground.

Enzo comes around, helping me to get him inside and on pansy's empty bed. Enzo pulls me into a corner of the room while Mattheo is in and out of sleep, or passing out.