𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬

"You're still coming with me to the party right?" Tatiana's friend Jennifer asked her as she did her hair in the mirror, Tatiana just shrugged in response while scrolling through her phone. "Reece is going to be there and I'm not really in a mood to argue with him tonight." Tatiana explained before she looked at her friend.

"Oh please, Tati! C'mon what if I need your help?" The girl said with a frown on her lips. "Jen you'll be with Jordan so don't worry you're gonna be fine." Tatiana mumbled gently, shaking her head. "What even is the problem with you two? Like does anybody know?" Jennifer let out a chuckle causing Tatiana to roll her eyes in response.

In truth, nobody really knew why Tatiana Bennett and Reece Walsh hated each other, they had their own reasons for their mutual dislike but never cared to discuss it with their friends. Tatiana hated the way Reece had the annoying talent of being the centre of attention and Reece hated when Tatiana was uptight and stressed out too much, she always had something to say about everything. Even if it didn't make sense, Tatiana was going to have the last word and that pissed Reece off more than anything.

Their friends were always making jokes about the two to tease them, that their hatred for each other was intense sexual tension. But Tatiana proved them wrong when she decided to shove Reece into a water fountain, declaring that if they were the last two people alive and had to repopulate the world, the human race would die out. They hated each other for so long that it just became the norm for them. They didn't need to justify it or explain themselves.

"I really don't want to be around him." Tatiana spoke in a firm voice, but her friend Jennifer started to pout and beg Tatiana to go with her. "Alright, alright! Just please... Shut up." Tatiana groaned softly as she stood up from her bed, throwing on a simple dress and a pair of shoes. "You don't wanna dress up?" Jennifer asked Tatiana with a small smile. "Girl, I don't need to impress anyone where we're going so nah." Tatiana laughed quietly and grabbed her bag. "C'mon before I change my mind."

                                ———[1️⃣]———

"Jenny, you made it!" Jordan greeted Jennifer with a smile on his face as he opened his front door, Tatiana awkwardly standing beside her while they shared a hug. Jordan turned to Tatiana and gave a nod. "Hey Bennett, Reece is over there if you wanna say hi to him." Jordan teased playfully and Tatiana just groaned in annoyance. "Where's another fountain?" Tatiana mumbled to Jennifer who laughed loudly.

Reece, who was sitting and talking with a few of the teammates, glanced up when Tatiana and her friend Jennifer arrived to the party. His green eyes almost immediately met Tatiana's icy ones, causing the corner of his lips to slowly curl into a smirk, as though the sight of her just made his night. His teammates chuckled when they noticed his smug expression and a couple of them began to taunt him. "Looks like your love is here, Walsh." Kotoni said with a chuckle, glancing at Tatiana who stood at the doorway.

"God! That was such a crazy day." Jennifer said with a smile and walked off getting a drink with Jordan, Tatiana closed the door behind her and looked around. She sighed to herself as she was left standing alone. "You look like you'd rather be anywhere else." A voice spoke to Tatiana, breaking her out of her thoughts. "Mm, I really would rather be in bed watching Bridgerton." Tatiana lifted her head slightly, setting her eyes upon the man who was in front of her.

Selwyn Cobbo, what a man he was... True definition of tall, dark and handsome. His smile was so contagious that it could make the saddest person happy in an instant.

Reece sat silently while he watched Tatiana, still with a smirk on his face which eventually turned into a frown when he noticed how Selwyn began walking towards Tatiana. Reece's eyes followed Selwyn as the man began speaking and talking to Tatiana, his expression becoming cold as he continued to observe them. Reece didn't really have a problem with Selwyn Cobbo— he was one of his better friends— but the way Selwyn's smile could light up a room was kind of pissing him off.