𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

(A/N TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER, Okay so Tatiana's boyfriend is a villain acting like a nice guy, he's not outright evil and harsh but he does get a bit grabby with her. IT IS NEVER OKAY TO MISTREAT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER IN ANY WAY!! If anyone feels uncomfortable with this chapter let me know and I'll remove the parts that upset anyone🙏💙)

———{1️⃣}———

Time passed, and a nearly entire month elapsed without Reece and Tatiana crossing paths. Their friends attempted to reunite them in the same room, but their efforts proved useless. Reece found excuses to avoid meeting Tatiana, claiming he was consistently occupied even when he wasn't entirely busy. Tatiana, on the other hand, seemed engrossed with her newly found boyfriend, remaining elusive as she kept things discreet. Reece found this behavior peculiar and felt a pang of uneasiness, he believed that when one is in a relationship, it's customary to openly showcase and share their partner with others.

Daniel smiled at Tatiana with soft affection. "Baby, I was wondering, when could I meet your friends?" he inquired gently. Tatiana felt a pang of guilt as she tried to downplay the situation. "Oh.. Uh, you mightn't want to," she replied, not wanting to admit that she didn't want Daniel anywhere near Reece. Daniel chuckled. "Ah, I'm not worried," he assured her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I've got the best girl in Brisbane, so I'm a winner at the end of the day." The young woman fought back a look of disgust at his words, trying to remind herself that he is a nice guy with a good... Heart.

Tatiana felt a mix of annoyance and discomfort as she looked at her phone. She exhaled deeply before mustering a smile and finally dialed Jennifer's number. The call connected after the second ring, and Tatiana cleared her throat before speaking softly. "Hello?" Jennifer's familiar voice filled the air. "Hey Jen.. Up to much?" Tatiana inquired, her lower lip trapped between nervous teeth. "Just out with Jordan," Jennifer replied cheerfully, "Gonna go see the boys later at Patty's. You okay?"

"Yeah nah, all good.. Just want you guys to meet someone.." Tatiana spoke with a soft voice. 

Tatiana tried to maintain a smile as she spoke on the phone, her annoyance mounting at the mention of the mysterious guy she hadn't introduced to her friends yet.

"That the guy that she doesn't show anywhere?" Tatiana heard a male voice interject, presumably belonging to Jordan. Jennifer playfully shushed him before responding to Tatiana. "If not it's okay, just wanted to ask." Tatiana's irritation grew, her fingers twitching slightly as if tempted to throw her phone at the wall. "No, Tat, all good, go to Patty's we'll see you two there." Jennifer concluded before abruptly ending the call.

Daniel glanced at Tatiana, his gaze lingering over her fitted royal blue spaghetti strap dress that accentuated her curves. He bit his lip before voicing his concern, "You wearing that? You might catch a cold.." Tatiana had to resist the urge to roll her eyes as she grabbed a black cropped cardigan and slipped it on. "No chance of getting cold now." she quipped, a hint of sarcasm coating her words before heading towards the front door.

Daniel trailed closely behind Tatiana as they stepped outside, his body seemingly attached to hers as they made their way to the car. His hand remained firmly planted on her thigh as Tatiana backed out of the driveway. "Now, as I said they're kinda funny.. Well, everyone's great." Tatiana stated, her voice tinged with worry and discomfort. "But Reece can be a bit of a dick. I'm hopeful he's not there, but he might be, and if he says anything stupid, please just ignore him." She told him of Reece and explained they went to school together but they never cared for each other, they weren't ever close.

Daniel's curiosity piqued with further questions about Reece, but he decided to refrain from pushing the matter any further. Instead, he chose to trust Tatiana's judgment. "Okay, no worries, Tat." He reassured her, a playful smirk on his lips. "I promise that I won't embarrass you." As they halted at a red light, Daniel leaned over to plant a kiss on Tatiana's cheek. "That's not what I'm worried about." Tatiana muttered softly, a hint of concern in her voice.