Prologue

"Rain, come on! You only have to accompany me to that party. You know I can't go without you, right?"

I took a deep breath to calm myself. It's my fifth time hearing her beg for me to come with her to a party, which I am not fond of. I don't like socializing with other people, the reason why I only have one close friend in this university, and that's her.

"You know I don't like parties, right?"

"I know, but..." she said pouting. She didn't bother saying anything more because I'm already giving her death stares.

We are currently eating our lunch at the school cafeteria and she's talking to me with her mouth full of food. My best friend is cute, but she can be so hardheaded sometimes.

Before I could say what was on my mind, we heard a group of people talking loudly like they're the only people in this place. I looked at them because the noise is too irritating to ignore. Oh, the varsity players with their jersey and sweaty body. Some of them are wearing shirts and probably have freshen up. I looked at the tallest one who was wearing a smile, showing his teeth, the team captain. Even his bambi eyes are smiling.

"Oh baka matunaw" I heard a whisper beside me.

"What?" I asked, still looking at the man.

"You have a crush on Aguilar?" Clara asked.

What did she just say? Crush? I snapped my head looking at her like I heard the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

"Crush on who?" squinting my eyes.

"Kay Aguilar" she even rolled her eyes, mocking.

"Who is that?" because I seriously don't know who she is talking about.

"The man that you've been eyeing since he entered the cafeteria with his friends. The captain of the basketball team. The one wearing a white shirt. The tallest one. Crush mo?"

"What do you think of me? bata na may crush pa rin?" I asked rolling my eyes, my lips twitched.

"Oh edi like! Like mo?" she said while munching her food.

"You think I have a crush on someone just because I looked at them?" unbelievable! How do you even say if you have a crush on someone? I don't know. I don't easily get attracted to people. I'm not attracted to women. And men? I don't know. I've seen plenty of good-looking guys, yes they are attractive, but I just can't tell if I liked them romantically. I've never been in a relationship in my entire life, so I can't really tell.

"Nakatingin ka sa 'kin ngayon. Oh, edi crush mo rin ako?" I folded my arms on my chest, trying to prove a point.

She looked at me ridiculously. Eyes are getting bigger.

"Oh please! You are handsome, pretty even, but come on! You know who I like."

I know. I smirked at her. I was about to say something but the group caught my attention again. They are walking towards our table, or should I say the table beside our table. I almost choked when the tall man was already looking at me. May naiiwan pang ngiti sa kanyang mga labi, siguro'y dahil sa pinag-uusapan nila ng mga kaibigan niya. We looked at each other for a few seconds before I looked away and diverted my attention to my food like it's the most interesting thing in the world. This group is a bunch of good-looking guys, but noisy.

"Practice is so tiring, dude. I feel like I'm carrying something so heavy on my back right now. It feels sore" I overheard one of them complained. Oh well, you are a varsity player so what do you expect? To feel relaxed after your practice or game? I rolled my eyes.

Clara elbowed me. I looked at her, raising my eyebrows.

"I know that look. You are already judging like they did you wrong. What's your problem?"