Chapter 2

I got startled when the elevator opened and Aguilar is inside of it. His smile greeted me. His bambi eyes are shining early in the morning.

"Good morning" I went inside the elevator and greeted him back.

"You didn't reply to my message last night" he pursed his lips as he looked down at me. He is tall and I feel small beside him.

"I fell asleep." I actually intentionally ignored his reply because I needed to concentrate on my plates.

I felt him moved and stood near beside me. "You smell so good". I scooted away. "Of course, nagpabango ako" I rolled my eyes. I heard him laugh huskily.

"Ang sungit mo talaga." I gave him a death glare.

"We are friends, right?"

"You don't ignore your friends" he looks clueless with what he just heard from me.

"Ignore? When did I ignore you?"

I scoffed at him, "Kahapon, sa pavilion", humahaba yata ang nguso ko.

"Oh that..." I heard him laugh nervously, "I'm sorry about that. I was just tampo sa 'yo but it's okay now. We're okay now" he held my elbow gently while facing me. I didn't budge, but I swallowed hard. Why is he so near?

"We're okay now, right?" I took a deep breath and looked at him. He's looking at me intently with a slight smile, teeth aren't showing.

"Of course. We were never not okay naman"

He sighed, "You're always showing me your emotionless face. Can you smile?" he tilted his head to see my face clearly.

I smiled at him fakely and went out from the elevator. I heard him laughing at the back like he just saw the funniest thing today. I pursed my lips to stop myself from smiling.

We walked to the university together. He asks me questions that I answered politely.

"I'm going to walk you to your room" I didn't complain and let him. "I'll see you later. I'm going to eat lunch with you"

"With our friends" I corrected.

"With our friends" he said smirking. He left after that.

Clara is inside of the room already when I entered.

"What was that?" salubong niya sa akin. I looked at her confused.

"Bakit ka hinatid ni Red?" Ah.

"We saw each other sa elevator ng condo, so we decided to go here together. We live in the same building pala." I said nonchalantly. She nodded, but the confusion is still visible in her eyes.

For lunch, Aguilar sent me a message saying that the boys want to eat out. I was hesitating, but I can't just say no all the time. I need to start socializing with other people too. Baka pagod na si Clara sa pagmumuka ko kasi kaming dalawa na lang palagi ang magkasama.

Before our class ended, I saw the boys outside, probably waiting for us. I peeked through the window and saw them waving and smiling at me. I smiled back. My eyes went to the tallest one, Aguilar. I was confused when he looks stunned for a moment, gulping, but smiled afterwards. That's when I realized that he saw me smiling genuinely. I smiled even more. Why is my smile so big deal to him? He looks like he just saw an apparition.

Clara, Kiel, and I went out after the class. We are almost done with our project. We decided to finish it in my condo later tonight.

"Where do you wanna eat?" Ram asked. He's the oldest one among his friends.

We decided to eat at a restaurant near  the campus, so we won't need to travel. Someone blocked my head from the sunlight. It's too hot and we're walking like it's not. I looked at the person beside me, it's Aguilar.