Chapter 5

It was almost three in the morning when we all called it a day.

We were preparing to sleep when my phone suddenly rang from a call. It was Story, video calling me.

"Kuya..." her pouting lips greeted me.

"Why are you still awake? It's already late." I said. It's almost three in the morning, and Story calling me at this hour made me feel worried. "What's wrong?"

"I was sleeping, Kuya. I just woke up" I can tell because her voice sounds like she just woke up from slumber.

"Who's that?" I tilted my head to see Clara peeking. She's trying to see who I am talking to. "Story.." her eyes lit up when she heard Story's name. "She's still awake? It's already late"

I turned to my phone and saw Story almost closing her heavy lids. "Story, why did you call, baby?" she spoke but it was inaudible because she was saying gibberish words. She looks so sleepy.

"Kuya can't hear you." malambing kong saad.

"Why didn't you go home today? Were you busy?" I was caught off guard because of her question. I forgot to inform her that I couldn't go home today...

"I'm sorry. Kuya went somewhere. Are you mad?"

"No..." she said, still pouting. "Who are you with?" she asked interestingly this time. She was looking at my side. "Kuya, you're with someone?" that's when Clara took the phone form me. "Story! Hi!"

I heard Story called Clara excitedly. They are talking now. These two are close with each other. We sometimes bring Story with us whenever we go somewhere. Clara is fond of my sister.

I got distracted when I saw Red walking towards the beds on the floor. He raised his eyebrows when he saw me looking at him. I shook my head.

"Next time your Kuya goes home, I'll go with him so we can play." I heard Clara said excitedly. Lumapit ako sa kanya.

"Story, you should sleep now. Where's mom by the way?"

"She's sleeping, Kuya."

"You didn't sleep with her?" she shook her head.  She seemed distracted by something and didn't fully understand my question. Her eyebrows slowly furrowed. "Who's that?" I looked at my back and saw Red smiling, looking at Story on my phone.

"Kuya, is that your friend?" her eyes were twinkling while looking at Red.

"Uhm...yes."

"Hi, kuya's friend! I'm Story." she introduced herself, giggling. I heard Red chuckled. "Hi! I'm Red. Your kuya's friend." inilapit ko sa kanya ang cellphone.

I laughed because Red doesn't seem to know what to do. He looks at me, asking. "Tell her to go back to sleep." I said giggling.

"Your kuya said you should go back to sleep." he said gently. "I want to talk to you!" mukhang gising na gising na siya ngayon si Story.

"Sino yan?" Aiden asked curiously, scooted near Red to see who was on the phone. "Kapatid ko." I said proudly.

"Woah! Magkamukha kayo."

"Malamang, kapatid niya yan eh." Clara said.

"May mga magkakapatid na hindi magkamukha. Parang ako at kuya ko, hindi kami magkamukha."

"Baka anak ka sa labas." we all laughed because of what Blake said.

I also heard Story giggled, as if she understood what she just heard, but I know she didn't. "Kuya! You have a lot of friends?" she asked excitedly, her  high-pitched voice resonated the whole room.