Chapter 31

Red:

You'll go to Manila today? Can I fetch you?

I stared at his message, unable to move to type a reply for him, so I turned my phone off, ignoring it.

"I'll go home on Monday, Story." I told my frowning sister while watching me fix my things. "Do you want me to buy you something?" she shook her head, lips are still pursed.

I was not really planning to go back to Manila until the break was over but I wanted to see my friends. And I also need distraction or I'll lose my mind here. I need to see my friends.

I stood up after fixing the bag that was full of my gifts for them, including Red's.

Clara:

Malapit na kami nina Kiel!

Napangiti ako nang mabasa ang mensahe ng best friend ko. They are going to fetch me. I told them they didn't need to but they insisted.

"Story, let's go downstairs." my little sister walked towards me, still frowning as she held my hand. I smiled at her and pinched her cheek. "Are you going to show me that face until I leave?" malambing kong tanong. She shook her head and gave me a smile, but a fake one. I couldn't help but laugh while looking at her.

"You can play with your legos while you wait for me to come back." I said as we walked down the stairs. "I'll play legos for three days?" she seriously asked. If it wasn't Story asking, I would think the person is being sarcastic, but since it's Story, I know that she's being serious with her question. I chuckled while shaking my head.

"Of course, with breaks, Story." she pouted her lips while nodding. "I wanted to play these legos with you and Kuya Red." she ran after her statement. I took a deep breath as I watched her settle herself in front of the coffee table, where her legos are. The legos that were given by Red. His gift for her.

Story likes legos so much that she kept on mentioning it to him whenever they talked, be it on the phone or personal.

"But it's okay. I only want my Kuya Rain." she added. My heart ached at what she said. I don't even know why. I sat next to her to play with her for a while while waiting for Clara and Kiel.

"Put this one." I gently said. We played for a few minutes until Clara called to tell me that they are already outside. I stood up with Story to open the gate for them.

"Story!" I was surprised when I saw that Blake and Leigh were also with them. "Kuya Blake!" they all excitedly greeted each other while I was watching them. It was Kiel who walked towards me first to give me a hug.

"How are you?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "I'm okay." the whole time I was here in Tagaytay, they kept on calling me and asking how I was, but here he is asking me the same question. But understand their concern. They witnessed how I broke down in front of them.

"Pasok muna kayo?" I asked after greeting them. I winced when Clara tried to ride my back. Wala akong nagawa kung hindi ang pagbigyan siya. Binuhat ko siya sa likod papasok ng bahay. We were greeted by my mom, smiling so widely seeing my friends agan. They all kissed her as a greeting.

"I prepared food for you." my mom said excitedly.

"Kuya Red bought me these legos!" I heard Story bragging while showing her legos to Blake, Kiel, and Leigh. I noticed how they all looked at me at the mention of his name. I smiled and shrugged my shoulder. There's still pain in my heart, but I feel like I am getting used to it.

I remember him asking me to give him a chance, but I didn't give him an answer. I didn't know what to answer. Every time I feel like giving him a chance, I always go back to the days when he intentionally distanced himself from me. Those texts and calls he purposely ignored. The day when I begged him to fix our relationship. I fear that if I get back to him or if I give him a chance, he is always capable of dropping me again.