Chapter 15

Story was devastated when she found out that we needed to go home in the morning.

"Story, say goodbye to your Kuya Rain and Kuya Red na. They need to leave." mom told Story, but the latter didn't say anything or do anything. She was just standing beside mom, shoulders were slumped. She couldn't look at us, so she bowed her head.

"Baby, we promise to go back soon. We just really need to go back to Manila. Do you remember Kuya Elijah? It's his birthday today. We will call you later so you can greet him, okay?" she raised her head because of what I said. Something squeezed my heart when tears pooled in her eyes.

Nagulat ako nang bigla siyang binuhat ni Red. Red looked at me and mom, as if asking for permission if he could talk to Story first. We nodded. Lumayo sila nang kaunti sa amin habang nag-uusap. May ibinubulong si Red habang tumatango naman si Story.

"He is a good man." I turned to my mom when she spoke. She gave me a smile. "Maybe he didn't tell you yet, but he talked to me earlier." my mouth went ajar because of what my mom said.

Red talked to her?

"Hindi ko sasabihin kung anong pinag-usapan namin." she said even before I could speak. Tunog nang-aasar. I pursed my lips and was about to convince her to tell me but I realized that I can ask Red instead. That man can't keep a secret from me.

We both looked at Red and Story when we heard Story giggling. They are now walking towards us. "Kuya.." I got stunned and confused at the same time when Story raised her arms, wanting me to carry her, so I took her from Red.

"Please be safe always. I'll wait for you and Kuya Red, okay?" a smile kissed my lips when she kissed my cheek. I stroked her hair and whispered. "Yes, Story. I'll take care of myself so I can go back to you and mom." I kissed her cheek and whispered again before putting her down. "I love you."

"I love you, Kuya!" I ruffled her hair and turned to mom. "Mom, we will go now. Take care of yourself and Story. Love you, mom." I give her one last hug.

"Red, yung bilin ko ah."

"Opo, Tita." he kissed mom's cheek and Story.

"Your mom is so kind." Red said when we entered the car. He started the engine. I smiled proudly.

"She told me you talked to her?" hindi siya sumagot. "Anong pinag-usapan niyo?" hindi pa rin siya sumagot kaya kumunot ang noo ko.

"Red." I said in a serious tone this time.

"I can't tell you, baby. That's a secret between me and your mom kaya hindi pwede." I folded my arms on my chest and pursed my lips. Akala ko sasabihin niya sa akin.

Hindi ko na siya pinilit na sibihin sa akin. I was just pouting the whole time wondering what they talked about.

"Stop pouting."

"I'm not pouting." I heard him chuckled.

"We will go to your condo first and then let's go to Elijah's, okay?" tumango ako at hindi na nagsalita.

Nagulat ako nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone niya.

"Answer it for me, love." tila nabingi ako dahil sa huling salitang sinabi niya.

"Huh?" I tilted my body to face him. Did I hear him right?

"Answer the phone for me, please." ulit niya. Baka nabingi lang ako at iba ang narinig?

Kinuha ko ang cellphone niya para sagutin ang tawag. "Yo, bro!" boses ni Blake kaagad ang sumalubong sa akin. "Blake..." I called his name to inform him  that it is me he is talking to.