Chapter 1

Year 2031

England

The ICT dressing room

"Who TF even thought it's a good idea to have this guy back in the team" shouted the new captain who already was handful with the neck to neck games and bleak chances of qualifying to semis

"Shrey Bhai" "Abe shrey" " agree" came mayank, Rohit and gill's voice simultaneously

"Ok,guys enough,you guys need to freaking get this into your head,he has been a force in national's,his non-selection has already raised quite a few eyebrows from public, and here he has been called mid game because our wk(pant) was seriously injured and we have no other option,with backups already failing miserably

I know things have have been not good, that traitor of a person isn't something you guys can stand and him being here would affect the atmosphere,but guys this is the management's call and even we can't help" said Virat trying to put some sense into the men in the dressing room .

Things have been bad with team already loosing the early matches in a humiliating way and upcoming 5 matches being a must win ones for the team to be qualified for semis.

The hopes back home kept diminishing with poor performance and already the murmurs of a talented eligible player being left out  due to internal politics kept increasing.

Virat and ro knew,his form maybe good now but that person was evil to core for them, those 6 months were hell, pulling back the team especially gill after that nightmare was difficult.

The past was a horror they intended to forget but him now coming back as a replacement was evoking all those not so good emotios.

Year 2031,India

"Ishan, are you sure you want to go there" asked pankhuri not sure what exactly was going on this human's brain

"Bhabhi, WC hai koun nahi khelna chahega" ishan replied curtly.

"Ishan, main aur tum dono jante hai ki ye sawal kyun Kiya Maine, bhul gaye 7 saal pehle Jo hua,bhul gaye 4 saal pehle Jo hua, bhul gaye kaise tum Roz ghut ghut kar jeete ho, bhul gaye kise tumhe 3 saal pehle dar-dar bhatkan pada kyunki woh team jiska saath tum ab Dene ja rahe ho tumhara jeena mushkil kar Diya tha tumse tumhari khel cheenkar" yelled Pankhuri.

Pankhuri had enough,she had seen her baby brother being broken and a bit more broken next day for 7 continuous year,she was there when the two brother's disowned the own they had claimed as their own,she was there when parents and a brother that raised him disown him ,she was there when those who claimed to be friends called him names,she was there when his love was made fun of,she was there when his feelings were trashed and ridiculed,she was there when those baseless lies destroyed his life,she has been sole witness to how this human was broken, humiliated and more each passing day for past 7 years. She was there when the boy,her ever cheerful baby brother lay there looking half dead on chilly winter night broken 4 years back.

Pankhuri saw how a few lies and misunderstanding ruined someone,she was witness to that glimmer of hope that flickered 4 years back.
She saw him fall,she saw him trying get up,she saw how his attempts were filled,she saw him give up and it rattled her how he's now going to be thrown to those again for a month with none to protect him.

She knew how broken he was,she knew how bleak the hole was that kept him going,she feared these 30 days might be when he finally give up and she wasn't ready for it.

She did try to impart some sense into her husband krunal, her other bother Hardik and the team, she did try her best to break to them how they are destroying a innocent life,heck even ishan did everything he could to make the team and his family see beyond those lies but everything was futile.

He and pankhuri in ishan's insistence stopped proving on that dreadful day 4 years back,ishan had enough,he kept going cos he was a coward to give up,not cos he was hopeful.
And now pankhuri knew these 30 days would change everything.

P.s
So guys are you interested.

The story is a very slow one.
Any guesses what happened 7 years and 4 years back and why no one except pankhuri is there for him

Note: I absolutely adore the bond the pandya brother's share with ishan including the how both pankhuri nd Natasha adore ishan.