CHAPTER 17

Ishan was 99% sure he was hallucinating.
Like there is no way mayank would come and apologise just like that.

Impossible!

But what about the dirty dishes,you both had lunch together,his brain provided.

Ishan still refused to beleive the stunt mayank pulled.
Why are people here messing up with him.
First shubman with his taunts,than hardik with his staring game and now mayank out of no where coming and asking apologies.

Ishan had made peace with the fact that he was wronged,he no longer needed any validation from anyone,he would just be going on but now the peace and the routine that had set in has been disturbed.
All the people who were once his had disowned them and now they seem to creep back into his life and he wasn't ready for that,so he did what he does best.
Ignore everything and go on about as if nothing happened, that's how he had come along in past and he would now do same.

If they think they are going to mess him up with their extreme distinct reactions to him,ishan was determined to prove them wrong.

ishan now more determined than morning to ignore everyone headed to practice.

The pain in his hand persisted but he can't go on without practice when they have such a big game coming up.

When he reached ground, few where already there warming up for practice, majority where yet to come tough.

He expected extreme reactions from those on ground,but nothing unusual happened, people were busy in their own practice.

Great relief,ishan thought to himself.

He was yet to meet the coaches, he was actually dreading the meet.

Virat and Rohit where sort of his idols when he started out,now they being here as coaches after all the fiasco and him having the meet them like this was somewhat awkward for ishan.

To his releif he was informed the group practice would start tomorrow and he would have to practice his wk skills for today.

Great! Ishan thought to himself.
He wasn't ready to meet them Rohit or Virat ,so a day extra not meeting them was indeed a great relief.

Ishan was practicing with bumrah, the best the team had as a bowler.

Neither spoke anything about earlier incidents.

Just practice.

Other's where in practice their skills accordingly, everything was going to smooth.

Everyone finally doing what they are here for and ishan spared of drama.

It would be a lie if ishan said the hand wasn't hurting,not much but the pain was there,but he would deal with that later.

Finally being in ground practicing for game with no drama whatsoever felt as a relief.

He thought the drama wouldn't end,but it did (only if he knows how wrong he was)

He was just hoping this would be the norm till they are here and he doesn't have to interact with anyone outside game.

After a hour, shreyas joined them in nets.

Ishan didn't say a word,just a curt nod acknowledging the captain's presence,shreyas returned that with a smile.

Weird, ishan thought .

Why was shreyas smiling so widely as a response to a curt nod.

Anyway ishan kept going when hardik joined them , smiling widely too.