CHAPTER 7

Shreyas was the first one to notice the ruckus just outside banquet hall.

The breakfast itself was a silent affair unlike other days.
Team knew of ishan's arrival and since than it has been an uneasy silence engulfing them.
They weren't yet ok to face him.
Shreyas knew it was childish.
Like ok what ishan did was wrong, but these guys had already punished him for it than.
That guy went player to player begging for forgiveness on a daily basis for three whole years.
They had messed up with him big time.
Shreyas knew ishan, the things he was getting blamed itself seemed fishy enough, they may have been been clouded by judgements than but shreyas did start seeing things through and the entire picture didn't look like fitting together,so many missing puzzles.

Way too many loopholes he found,he genuinely wanted to support ishan back than too, why wouldn't he,he knew ishan and the joyful soul he once was who came all the way to cheer shreyas at the loss of central contract once upon a time.
Those shared laughes had shreyas get through his hard times.

Ishan named themselves the contract less duo, as hilarious as it sounded,shreyas was thankful for the support ishan was being to him beneath those stupid jokes and funny antics.

Shreyas wanted to contact ishan once he saw the loopholes around all those blame games but that guy suddenly disappeared one day.
He knew he was too late when he found ishan at practice nets after disappearing for whole 1 year.
Ishan was a regular in dressing room for three years asking for forgiveness but one day he suddenly stopped.

The team derived some sadistic pleasure in taunting him and shreyas was sure of it cos for three long years all they had done was that but he also witnessed the fit they threw when ishan stopped caring and disappeared.

Like every damn day one or the other uttered how he wasn't being sorry enough for all things he did.

Shreyas was so done honestly.

Like what are they expecting him to do ,he was sorry and begged forgiveness for 3yrs and you guys didn't care and now that the man disappeared as they had wanted they still had an issue with.

Dammed if done,dammed if not.

He again saw ishan after one whole year in practice nets for Ranji.
He was neither the joyful soul he once was nor that broken yet hopeful one who begged them forgiveness till a year back.

This ishan was dead,his eyes reflective of his lack of will, there was something so distant yet frightening about him.

Shreyas was hoping things aren't what they seemed, was ishan really at fault ever?
were they the one's who were wrong?that moment was the start of guilt in shreyas's heart.

From that day he had seen ishan grow by leap and bounds with whatever opportunities he had, ishan kishan the cricketer was in a form anyone would dream of but shreyas could see behind the facade ishan carried, can it even called be a facade?
Ishan withdrew himself,the once happy sunshine who couldn't stay still or without talking for few minutes,did hardly speak now.
He seemed so distant, quite and withdrawn.
shreyas knew there was something more to  about his disappearance than the the entire blame game before.

Who had done that to him?

Ishan hardly spoke, his every press con was majorly just a ok here and there and head nods.
He would rarely speak in full sentences and even than the pain in his voice evident.

Shreyas didn't need any evidence, his heart was telling him they had wronged him unjustly and he wanted to set things right but he could only do so much when it was an individual against a team of grown ups acting stubborn kids refusing to see the truth.