Chapter 29: That stare, those shining eyes

Scarlett's POV

My mind kept going to last night the whole time. Who texted her and what to make her change the mood that fast?. Not because I was horny, that also but, well that's not the case. She was relaxed and seemed happy before that fucking message. And, why didn't she want to tell me? I don't want to sound toxic, but it's just really strange in her to act like that.

"Mom!!" I was so distracted with my thoughts that the coffee spilled out of the cup.

"Shit"
"Bad word!!!"

"Sorry baby"

I cleaned everything before sitting next to Rose. She was almost finishing her breakfast before I drive her to school. I zoned out again with my coffee between my hands, not able to have anything else to eat.

"Mom, why Celia didn't come last night?" I sighed, not knowing what to answer because I didn't know either.

"She had a lot of work to do and didn't realize the time. Don't worry baby, she will come other day"

"Well I hope so. I really like it when she is here" I nodded and kissed the top of her head. It's so adorable how much Rose loves Celia... I'll have to talk to her today. Maybe now that she rested, she will be able to tell me what's going on.

When Rose finished her breakfast and facial morning routine, because she also has a sensitive skin to take care of, we went togehter into the car and drive to her school. We were almost late, something Rose hates, she likes being on time.

I stayed in the car for a couple minutes, thinking, once again. I barely got any sleep, unable to get some rest, Celia all over my mind almost the whole night. I leaned my forhead onto my hands, closing my eyes to relaxed a bit.

Suddenly, someone hit the glass of my car, making me jump, what the hell. A group of teenagers were with their phones out and yelling, asking for a photo. Sorry, but today is not the day, and these are not the ways to ask for it.

I drove to The Outset, I don't know at what time Celia should be here, but I hope it's soon. While waiting for her, I went to work with Kate. We are giving the sunscreen this saturday, the limit is the following week, but whatever. The thing is, they need a couple of weeks until the day of the contest so they can try the products and see their effects, apart from other things, of course.

The presentation of the product was already done, it looked really cute, honestly. Kate was really nervous, walking in and out the office the whole time, it was making me anxious too.

"Do you think it looks good like this?" Kate has been asking the same question to everybody since I arrived, still not sure if the design of the product was good or not.

"Kate, honey, it's amazing. You need to calm down a bit, why don't you to your office for a while and you relax hmm?" Kate sighed and nodded to herself. What a surprise, she usually doesn't listen to me. I was about to enter my office when I heard the doors of the elevator opening. Celia was looking down to her phone, her eyebrows furrowed. I walked to her, and when she realized I was walking to her direction, she blocked the phone, fast. Okay?

A smile appeared in her face, but her eyes didn't say the same thing. Before I could say anything, her arms were around me, giving me a tight hug. I love her hugs, but they would be even better If the tabacco wasn't obviously present. She tried to hide the smell with perfume, but failed in the mission. But, after how she was yesterday, I prefer not saying anything, at least not now.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I shouldn't have been that mean to you, sorry"

"It's okay, I get that you were really tired, but I just wanted to know what was going on that made you feel like that" She looked down to her feet, hiding something from me.