Chapter 5

"Phir milte hain dusre Jahan main,
Aisa na ho k wahan par Milo hi nahi…"
(Dialogue from Pyar k Sadqay).
Suddenly her eyes had opened. The last thought of her was about Anubhav and when she opened her eyes, the first words come out from her mouth was his name.
However, there was no one in front of her. "Shayad is Jahan main humara Milan likha hi nahi tha. Jab hum Milne lagte hain, humari qismat humain ap se door kar daiti hai. Aur ab Jahan ap hai, wahan to ab is Zindagi main milna mumkin nahi."
She stood from her place and opened the cupboard to take out a dress for the dinner.
He looked at the picture of Rahil. It was his picture of graduation. "Aur humari qismat to daikhain k jis k sath jur Gai hai na hi is k sath hum Pyar kar sakte hain aur na hi move on."
She smiled bitterly and pulled the first dress she had saw.
After a while, she had freshen up and got ready. Meanwhile there was a knock on her door.
"Aa jaiye…" she thought it would be bhabhi but it was Rahil.
"Apko door knock karne ki Kya zarurat thi? Apka hi kamra hai."
Rahil:  main ne Socha kahin ap change na kar rahi ho.
He went to his cupboard and take out another dress.
Rahil: ap khafa to nahi?
Haseena who was brushing her hairs, asked: kis chiz k Liye?
Rahil: woh main foran dosto k sath Chala gea.
Haseena shook her head.
"Nahi, waise bhi is bahane humain aaram karne ka moqa mil gea."
At that he went to the dressing table and stood behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. She'd stirred a little and  saw her reflection with him
He got down On her level and whispered in her ear. "Kyu main ne apko aaram nahi karne Daina tha?"
Her neck changed color and she tried to look at her costmetic products instead of their  reflection in the mirror.
He got up straight and went to washroom without saying anything else.
At that she gaped at his back.
"Apni hi bat kar k chale jate hain.. bus mujhe puzzle hi karna aata hai inhe." She murmured while getting up..
Then she went to dinner and Rahi also came after a while.
"Shukar hai kitne dono bad Nadeem Bhai k hath ka Khana mile ga." He said while sitting besides her.
Ami: log apni maan k hath ka Khana miss karte hain aur yeh Yahan Nadeem k hath ka Khana miss kar raha hai.
Rahil while looking at her  mom: Mom! Khana banae gi, hum khae ge to miss karain ge naa?" His tone was normal and respectful but there was something akin to sadness in his tone.
Baba reprimanded him, so he said sorry.
Haseena whispered in his ear. "Hum kis ka intazar kar Rahe hain?"
Rahil was about to say something when someone entered into dining hall with Pak army uniform..
The person was none other than Amjad Khan.
He greeted everyone while sitting on head chair.
Then he turned to Rahil and Haseena and congratulated both of them.
Rahil nudged to Haseena and she understood and went to him while greeting him. He also blessed her and she went to her seat.
Amjad: to phir apko humara shahar aur ghar Kaisa Laga?
Haseena: (truthfully) bohat pyara.
Amjad: aur Rahil ne bataya tha k ap police main thi to itna aasan to nahi Hoga aise apni nokri chorna.
Haseena smiled. "Aasan nahi tha. Mgr Kuch arse pahle hum ne Kisi ko khoya tha aur us k bad humain nahi Laga k hum apni duty k sath insaf kar pae ge." She made excuse.
Amjad nodded. "Aur kahin ghumne ka plan hai dono ka?" At that she looked at Rahil..
Rahil: baba, hum ne abhi decide nahi kiya.
She was startled to hear Rahil calling Amjad Khan Baba.
Amjad: to phir decide Karo. Balke ek Kam karo, Haseena ko apna mulk dikhao.
Rahil shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly but there was something in his attitude which told her he was acting.
Rahil: daikhte hain, ab Khana shuru karain?
Amjad Khan nodded and they had started to serve themselves.
Suddenly she realized something. She looked at him with wide eyes.
"Rahil, ap yeh Kya kar Rahe hain?"
Her voice got attention of everyone at the table and she was embarrassed with it.
Rahil: Khana khane Laga hun.
Haseena (whispered): yeh gosht hai.
Rahil looked at her weirdly. "Haan to?"
Suddenly she realized that she was not talking to Anubhav but Rahil.
Haseena mumbled apology to him.
Rahil shook his head.
After dinner, Amjad Khan called for both of them in her study.
It was great chance of seeing his study.
"Yeh Meri taraf se tum dono k Liye." Rahil opened the box and it was the box of jewelry. She was awestruck with it.
Haseena was reluctant to accept it..
Amjad: yeh Rahil ki Ami ki taraf se inki bahu k Liye hain. Laina to pade ga.
She looked at Rahil with confusion.
Amjad Khan read her and asked to Rahil. "Tum ne is ko bataya nahi?"
Rahil turned to Haseena with his sheepish look.
Main is ko batata hun."
Then he went outside and started walking towards their room.
"Woh baba ne mujhe adopt kiya hua hai."
She was shocked to listen to it. "Mgr ap ne to kaha tha k woh apke Taya Abu hai."
It was also the information she got.
Rahil nodded: woh mere Taya hi hai mgr inki koi aulad nahi thi to jab main peda hua to mom ne mujhe inko de diya. Meri Ami Yani Meri tai ka intaqal hua to mom dad Yani Apne asli parents k pass aa gea."
Haseena: "to Jab ap baba kah kar Bula Rahe the woh apke Taya the."
Rahil: exactly…
Haseena hummed and when they got inside.
Rahil: ap ek Kam karain k koi casual sa dress pahan lo, hum bahir chalte hai..
She looked at him. "Bahir kahan?"
Rahil: long drive par
Haseena: is dress main Kya problem hai?
Rahil looked at her with head to toe which puzzled her. He came near her and put his hand on her face. "Problem to koi nahi mgr yeh itni pyari ban kar bahir jao gi to mujhe jealously hogi."
Even she didn't want to blush but she looked down while listening to her. He came a little closer to her and touched her earrings. She stirred a little and suddenly he burst out laughing.
"Apna face daikhain Haseena!"
She looked at him angrily. "Ap mazAq bana Rahe hai humara? Jaiye hum ne nahi Jana apke sath."
Rahil raised his hands: nahi such main jealous to main ho jaunga agar koi apko is Nazar se daikhain ga, Jin nazro se main daikhta hun..mgr casual is Liye bola k ap aaram se easy ho kar chal Pao gi."
Haseena: chalna ku hai? Ap ne to long drive par Jana hai..
Rahil: you'll know.
Then she went to check some suits but Rahil took out a jeans and kurta for her.
"Sona bhi pahnti hai, koi mind nahi karain ga. Koi shawl Le laina, bahir sardi Hogi." He read unspoken question in her eyes.
She nodded and changed. He also changed in t shirt and trouser.
After a while, they went outside. He opened the door for her.
He started the car and Haseena started to look outside.
The city was awake and she was looking at the people outside.
Most of them wearing western dresses and seemed like upper class.
Rahil: Islamabad ko daikh kar pure Pakistan ko assume mat kar laina Haseena, har shahar ka alag hi rang hai Yahan, jaise India main Hain.
Haseena hummed.
After a while, he stopped the car. He came out of the car and opened her dooor.
There was a hill in front of her.
Haseena: apka is waqt hiking ka irada hai.
Rahil: yeh margala hai aur Yahan hiking ka is waqt hi Maza aata hai. He raised his hand towards her to which she had hesitantly held it.
Hiking margala was quite easier than she thought.. However the hill was beautiful with little wildlife. She suddenly felt someone touched her shoulder and was startled.
Rahil: bander hai Haseena!
Haseena: Yahan par woh bhi hote hai?
Rahil humedd: bohat zayada… mgr Kuch kahte nahi, don't worry.
Then they went ahead and she listened to a very melodious music.
She went ahead while leaving Rahil's hand..
There was a man in some traditional dress was  playing a musical instrument she didn't see before.
Rahil also come near her.
Rahil: yeh Omer Marvi play kar raha hai.
She looked at him with confusion.
"Omer Marvi ek folk poem hai."
Haseena: Kitna sakun hai.
Rahil hummed. Haseena asked about the musical instrument..
Rahil: shayad yeh rabab kahlata hai, hain naa chacha? He asked from the old man.
He handed some money to the man and they went to peak.
She looked at to view in front of her. He sit besides her.
She looked at the him. "Kitna sakun hai Yahan… Thank you, Yahan lane k Liye…"
Rahil: iski zarurat nahi, main khud bhi Yahan aana Chahta tha. Insan ko Jo jagah Pasand hoti hai wahan par woh Apne man Pasand insan k sath aana Chahta hai, that's why…"
She looked ahead and nodded.
She also experienced the same thing. She closed her eyes with pain while thinking about how she wanted to come with Anubhav and now she had to forget about him.
Rahil looked at him intently and took her hand in his both hands.. She first looked at him then the hand he was holding in his.
Rahil: main Janta hun k Ap abhi bhi Anubhav se Pyar Karti hain. To ap jab chahe mujhh se Anubhav k bare main bat kar sakti hai. Is ki fikar nahi karna k main jealous Hoga ya nahi.
She smile forcefully at his statement and pulled back her hand from his grip.
He looked at his empty hand but didn't comment about it.
Haseena: aisi koi bat nahi. Hum Anubhav ko Bula kar apke sath aagay barhna chahte hain. Agar inki batain ap se karungi to woh kaise Hoga?
At that even in dim light, she found Rahil tried to find something on her like he was weighing her words.
He smiled which was dim as the light of the night.
Suddenly she didn't feel like staying there. The atmosphere wasn't working anymore.
Rahil read her expression and got up from his place. "Chalo, ghar chalte hain warna curfew ka time ho jae ga." There was a force smile on his face like he was trying to lighten her mood but failed to do it.
An actor who was failed to act in front of someone whom he had fallen in love with.
They journey towards their home was silent one.
They went to home and she changed into the night dress.
When he entered into room, he looked at her but didn't say anything.
"Apko Kisi chiz ki zarurat to nahi Haseena?"
At that she shook her head.
He was about to sit on his side of bed when suddenly he remembered something.
He took out a velvet box from his side table drawer and put it on the bed between them.
Rahil: yeh apki munh dikhai, sorry main Daina Bhool gea tha.
Now she understood what kind of munh dikhai bhabhi was telling her.
She took the box. "Iski Kya zarurat hai. Hum subha se gifts hi Le Rahe hain."
Rahil: zarurat hai Haseena, humare Yahan rasm hai k dulha apni Dulhan ko shadi ki rat gift daita hai, apka haq hai yeh…"
At that he laid down while telling her to get some sleep.
Suddenly She remembered what Bakshi sir had said.
Flashback
Bakshi: ho sake to pregnant ho Jana.
Haseena (shocked and angered): ap hosh main hai k sir ap Kya kah Rahe hain?
Bakshi: ap hosh main. Hai miss Malik k ap Apne senior se kis tarha bat kar rahi hai?
Haseena; hum hosh main hai, shadi aur spying alag bat hai mgr Kisi Bache ko dunya main Lana jis k future ka Kuch pata nahi, uska haq ap ko kis ne diya.
Bakshi: listen Haseena Malik hum apko such main bacha Laine k Liye nahi kah Rahe mgr ap natak kar sakti hai. Ek pregnant Bahu par koi bhi nahi shak karain ga. Ap aaram se Intel Le sakti hai.
Haseena: yeh itna aasan nahi Hoga. Woh Inka desh Hoga humara nahi. Reports kaise banwae ge aur sub se Badi bat Kuch months bad yeh bat chup to nahi sakti.
Bakshi: to shadi to kar hi rahi hai to yeh bhi kar li jiye ga, waise bhi koi pati apni patni se sharirik sambandh to banae ga hi,,
Haseena: sir please is topic par hi bat na hi karain…
Bakshi: mgr yeh sirf ek option de Rahe hain.
Flashback ended.
She looked at him and nudged him a little. She was a little shy but she had to do it.
"Aur apke haq ka Kya?"
Rahil: Kya Matlab?"
Haseena: apka…" she was hesitant a little then put a courage. "Apka hum par haq…"
His eyes widened a little. Instead of answering her, he pulled her toward him like her back touched his front. Both were lying on their bed.
He put aside her hairs and took a velvet box from her hand.
He opened it and took out a chain from it. He slowly made her wear it while putting aside her hair at one side on her shoulder.
Haseena held her breath while anticipated what would he do next. But he didn't do anything after it.
He just put his chin on her shoulder. "Kal sub ap se puche ge k munh dikhai main Kya mila to ap Kam z Kam Bata to Sako gi naa?" His voice sent a chill in her spine because there was also coldness in his voice.
Rahil without changing their position: "main ne bohat husn daikha hai Haseena. Bazaro Main bikta hua bhi aur sadko par rulta hua bhi. Sirf apko paane k Liye shadi nahi ki main ne. Mohabat karne Laga hun ap se…"
His every word was sending chills in her spine. But somehow she didn't know why but she trusted him that he won't go against her wishes.
At that she changed her position and looked in his eyes.
There were sincerity in his eyes. "To phir apna ku nahi laite humain?"
Rahil smiled sadly: us waqt apnaun ga jis waqt ap mujhe apnao gi."
She nodded at that and unknowingly hugged him a little.
He smiled at that while his hands were combing her Hairs.
Slowly she started to feeling sleepy but his next question wake her up.
"Apke Liye yeh shadi asli hai naa Haseena?"
She looked at him. "Ji…"
He lightly kissed her forehead and closed his eyes, indicating her to sleep as well.
While he thought: umeed karta hun k Haseena ji yeh sub such ho. Warna apke Liye bohat bada khtra ho sakta hai. Itna bada k ap mot bhi mange gi to bhi nahi mile gi."
............
A few years back flashback
There was two men in front of a person whose face was hidden behind a mask.
First person: is ne apni zaban kholi?
Second person: nahi sir, bohat dheeet hai ek hi bat dohrae ja raha hai k ise Kuch nahi malum…

FP: dusra tariqa istamal karo
SP was hesitant to use it. "Sir bohat zayada ho jae ga. Aur humain confirm bhi nahi k yeh wohi insan hai ya nahi?"
FP: hum Kya kah Rahe hai wohi karo. Aur is ne yeh makhota ku pahna hua hai? Abhi tak utara ku nahi?
SP: sir, bohat sakht jan hai, is ne danto main dabaya hai.
FP: mahshay! Apko is karye k Liye kis ne rakha hai? Foran qainchi lao Aur uska makhota kat do.
Second person did the same.

The person's face was still unrecognizable because he was beaten blue and there were injury marks and blood all over on his face.
He was unconscious due to constant torture.
The leader (first person) ordered his subordinate to bring a bucket of water.
He did what the leader had said.
He had poured the bucket water in his face and the prisoner was awake with jerk. Tried to open his eyes but got unconscious again.
On the other hand, leader took out his handkerchief  and wiped prisoner face. "daikhain to mahashay ap kon hai?"
Suddenly he was stumbled back.
That person's face was the same as him.
........
AN: how do you find this chapter. I was listening to bedardiya song while writing Rahil and Haseena margalla scene and further scenes. So it seemed like a little sad. What do you think about Rahil's character. Am I overdoing it or is him a good character.
What do you think about last scene?