Chapter 9

AN: abhi tak Kisi ne code guess nahi kiya? Well apko bohat intazar nahi karwaun gi, jald hi Anubhav ki puri tarha entry ho jae gi. Kis tarha? Just wait and watch.
.........

Aye Rah-e-haq k shaheedon!
.......
2 years back.
Anubhav was seen working on the laptop, when his junior informed him about the arrival of Ajay Bakshi. He had shut down his laptop and went outside of his room.
Anubhav: sir, aj kaise aana hua apka?
Bakshi: ab to sir Bolna chod do Anubhav, ab to tumhara promotion ho gea hai.
Anubhav smiled after listening to it. Yes, it was true, after his last mission he was promoted and Bakshi was not his senior now. They are on the same post.
Anubhav: bus sir, ap Jo bhi kahe,  humare Liye to humesha hi ap humare guru hai. Jo Kuch bhi seekha hai ap se hi seekha hai.
At that Bakshi patted his shoulder.
Bakshi: that's why I'm proud of you Anubhav! Tum ne humesha apna ap proof kiya hai.
Anubhav: sir, ap khade ku hai baithiye.
Bakshi: nahi bus main yeh puchne aaya tha k main Lucknow ja Raha hun. Agar tumhe Kisi k Liye Kuch bhijwana hai to de do..
After listening the name of Lucknow, his expression turned blank.
Anubhav: sir, wahan ab koi nahi rahta humara. To kis k Liye Kya bhijwae? Teen mahine pahle jab sagai chod kar aaen the to samjho Apne aap ko mar diya tha sub k Liye. Ab Jab mission ki kamyabi k bad maa ko call kiyA to maa ne bhi yahi kaha k jab tak Haseena ji humain maaf nahi karain gi tab tak woh bhi hum se maaf nahi karain gi." His voice was not more than a whisper but there was a hidden sadness in his voice.
Bakshi patted his shoulder. "Yeh to ek agent ka naseeb hota hai Anubhav! Rishto se door hona, hum se bahter kon nahi Jan sakta."
Anubhav looked at his mentor. He was the one who had trained him when he was recruited in IB. During his first mission, Bakshi was leading that mission. The terrorist organization whom they were after had kidnapped Bakshi's wife and four years old daughter. They tried to use it against him but Bakshi had chosen his country over them. However he loved his family and didn't want to lose them as well. As a result, the mission was unsuccessful and he had lost his wife and daughter as well. Afterwards he become like this who thought that the relationship and love were only hindrance  in their work. This was the principle he had instilled in Anubhav as well.
Anubhav remembered something.
He went to his cabin and opened the drawers, there were two boxes there. He took one box and gave it to Bakshi.
Anubhav: yeh bahna ko Raksha Bandhan k Liye de Daina. Hum to wahan hoge nahi to bus inke Liye Le Liya tha. Ek wohi hai Jo humari suchai janti hai aur hum se nafrat nahi Karti.
Bakshi had patted his back and left while saying goodbye to him.
After Bakshi left, he went to his cabin once again and started working on his project once again.
Anubhav looked at the Rahil's pictures. "Yeh aadmi bilkul such bol raha hai. Yeh such main ek actor hai..mgr aisa hai to woh wahan tah khanay main Kya kar raha tha aur bomb bhi wohi lagaya gea tha. Aur uska chahra Jo hum se milta hai, Kya woh itafaq ho sakta hai?"
He put his head in his hands.
Meanwhile his working phone started to buzzed. He picked up the phone. "Jai Hind sir!" It was IB chief Rathor.
"Haan Anubhav, woh Jo terrorist tumhari team ne pakra tha is k bare main Kya info hai?"
Anubhav: sir yeh mamla humari soch se bhi pachida nikla hai.
Rathor: Kya Matlab? Saaf saaf batao.
Anubhav: sir, apko batana nahi, Kuch dikhana hai. Ap aj Sham ko mere  secret base par aa jaiye.
Rathor: mgr?
Anubhav: sir ap ek bar aaiye to Sahi, phir apko khud hi samjh aa jae ga.
Rathor: acha thek hai.
Evening, at Anubhav's secret base
Anubhav (to Rathor) sir ap under jaiye aur us qaidi ko daikhiye..
Rathor: tum kyu nahi sath ja Rahe?
Anubhav: sir jaiye to Sahi, hum yahi se Nazar rakhe hue hain.
Rathor nodded and went inside.
Instead of binding him to the chair, now they had just caged him in a room. Now he was sitting  in a corner.
He went to the prisoner who was looking on the floor. While detecting the presence of someone else in the room, he looked up and see Rathor.
On the other hand, Rathor was shocked to see his face.
Rahil noticed Rathor's shock expression.
Rahil: mere chahre main aisa Kya hai jis ko daikh kar ap log Bolna Bhool jate ho?
Rathor sat besides him and looked him closely. "Kon ho tum?"
Rahil: (angrily) dus bar bol chuka hun usko woh Jo andhere main apna munh chupa kar aata hai is ko bhi aur tumhe bhi k main Rahil Azam Khan hoon. Ek actor. Sirf ek Pakistani hone ki waja se tum log mujhe Yahan qaid nahi kar sakte."
Rathor narrowed His eyes. "Tumhe kaise pata k woh insan main nahi hun?"
Rahil answered confidently: kuk tum dono ki height main farq hai aur awaz main bhi.
Rathor noticed that Rahil was indeed a keen and intelligent man. He was kept there for three days and his condition was not good. Still he noticed this small things. Either he was very sharp or he could be trained to be sharp.
Both things were not in their favor.
He came outside and went to where was Anubhav. Anubhav lead him to another room for discussion.
Rathor: yeh insan bilkul tum jaisa dikhta hai Anubhav? Yeh kaise ho sakta hai?
Anubhav: yeh to hum bhi nahi jante sir!
Rathor: details Kya hai iski?
Anubhav told everything about Rahil.
Anubhav: sir Rahil ne Jo Kuch bataya hai woh such bataya hai..hum ne sari jankari bhi Le li hai is ke mutaliq. Woh such kah raha tha. Is k khilaf sirf do hi chizain jati hai. Ek to woh Pakistani hai dusra woh us waqt basement main tha.
Rathor: tum Sahi kah Rahe Anubhav. Mgr Rahil koi aam nagrik nahi hai. Woh ek influential person hai. Us k social media par bohat zayada followings hain. Agar woh be gunah hua to bad main India aur is ki agency ka naam kharab ho jae ga. Sub humain prejudice aur na Jane Kya Kya kahe ge.
Anubhav also thought about it. "Ap Sahi kah Rahe hain sir. Mgr humain abhi bhi lag raha hai k jaise hum se abhi bhi Kuch choot raha hai."
Rathor: thek hai to main tumhe 24 ghante daita hun. Tab tak tum us ko thodi facilities do. Take agar woh be qasur ho to humare khilaf Kuch bura na kahe." Rathor patted his shoulder. "It's time to be a good cop Anubhav!"
Anubhav nodded and understood. He didn't know that his life would be changed forever after 24 hours.
..........
Karachi was total opposite of Islamabad. Haseena who was used to the atmosphere of Islamabad, was boggled to see Karachi at first. It reminded her of Mumbai, it's hustle and bustle. Besides there were many colors, so much faces. And every face came from different region of the country. They spoke different language and used Urdu to talk with each other.
Rahil's home was in a posh society. It took her a day to settle there as the home was already settled. She just needed to put her clothes in the cupboard.
Afterwards, his shooting had been started and they had started their usual routine. Unlike there home at Islamabad, there were no servants for doing every work. Only watchman, guard and a maid to do the cleaning and laundry.
So she cooked for him and do some household chores. "Yeh sir ne humain kahan phansa diya? Do mahine ho gae hain humari shadi ko. Ab humain Rahil Yahan Le aaen hain. Yahan rah kar hum Amjad Khan par Nazar kaise rakhain ge? Lagta hai humain wohi karna hoga Jo Bakshi sir ne humain kaha hai." Her heartbeat increased after thinking about Bakshi sir.
Rahil also brought her to some parties as it was her first time meeting with his friends.
It had been almost a week when something unusual happened which she never dreamed of.
That night, Rahil didn't come home. He called her that he won't come home early so she shouldn't wait for him.
After a while she got a message from him in which he sent her some  location for a party while tell her to come there at 9 pm.
"Abhi kah Rahe the k woh ghar jaldi nahi aaen ge aur ab party main Bula Rahe hai. Ajeeb insan hai yeh bhi. Ek to hum Roz ki parties se bhi tang aa gae hain. Yeh bhi shukar hai k Jin parties main yeh Le kar jate hain woh decent logo ki hoti hain."
At that she stood up and checked her cupboard to get ready as it was already 8 o clock.
She decided to wear a saree for this party. She got ready and showed the location to the driver.
When driver stopped the car in front of a hotel, he looked at her with strange expression.
"Bhabhi ap sure ho k Rahil Bhai ne yahi location send ki thi?"
She nodded.
Driver: acha phir thek hai. Main yahi khada hun. Rahil Bhai apko jaise hi dikhain waise hi mujhe message kar Daina.
She nodded and went outside.
"Yeh hotel dikhne main to normal hi hai. Driver itna ajeeb batav ku kar raha tha."
She went inside and asked about the party hall from The receptionist. The receptionist asked about her partner's name. She told her and Rahil and she again looked at her with strange expression. But directed her to the party hall anyway.
Haseena thought: yeh sub humain itni ajeeb nazron se ku daikh Rahe hain. Kya hum saree main ajeeeb lag Rahe hain?"
Anyway she went inside and was startled to see the party halls. There were loud music and many couples were dancing on the floor. Girls usually wearing very small dresses and some couples were engrossed in each others in a way which was not allowed publicly.
"Yeh kahin hum ghalat jagah to nahi aa gae." The parties in which Rahil had brought her to was always a small gathering with very few of his friends and sometimes some media person in order to give them interview.
However suddenly she spotted Rahil talking to some man.
She messaged driver so that he won't waited for her and went towards Rahil.
She patted his shoulder and he turned to her. As soon as she turned to her, his smile disappeared and replaced with shock expression. He excused the man whom he was talking to and dragged her towards a secluded corner.
"Haseena, ap Yahan Kya kar rahi hai?"
Haseena: Kya Matlab Kya kar rahi hai? Ap ne hi to humain Yahan ki location bhaiji thi aur bola tha k 9 baje Yahan party main aa Jana.
Rahil: main ne apko aisa Kuch nahi bhaija…" suddenly he realized something and winced his eyes.
Rahil: mujhe lagta hai k ghalti se apko Yahan ki location send kar di hai. Bahr Haal, ap driver k sath wapis jaiye.
Haseena: usko to main ne wapis bhaij diya.
Rahil: bohat ache…
Haseena: Rahil, ap aisi party main Kya kar Rahe hai aur…" and suddenly she noticed what was in his hand. "Apke hath main sharab hai? Sharab to illegal hai naa aur apke hath main Kya kar rahi hai?" Rahil looked here and there.
Rahil: shant Haseena ji…" ssuddenly he realized what he was about to say and changed his tone. "Haseena ahista boliye. Aur idhar aaiye." He put his hand in her waist and brought her closer to her. Then he put aside her hairs and nuzzled his nose in her neck.
She suddenly felt puzzled with his behavior. There was also a strange kind of sensation while feeling him doing such things to her. She also felt ashamed that how her body was eager to accept his touch when he was not Anubhav?
Haseena: Kya kar Rahe hain Rahil?
Rahil: sshhh Haseena, ap please khamosh rahiye. Yeh jagah apke Liye nahi hai. Mgr ap aise akaile bahir bhi nahi ja sakti. Mujhe apki Yahan se bahir nikalna hai, is Liye Jo main kah raha hun woh karte jae aur koi sawal nahi karna please. Main ghar ja kar apko sub Kuch Bata Dunga.
Haseena tried to protest.
But Rahil who was trying to control his anger, changed his tone and requested her to trust him.
She shut up after listening to his pleas.
"Oh Rahil! Nea maal aaya hai lagta hai. Juliana kahan hain?"  A man approached them who seemed like he was fully drunk.
Rahil looked at the man and felt disgusted. "Bilkul Qureshi sahab! Main Julie se bore ho gea tha Socha k taste change kar lun." At that the man laughed and Rahil also laughed with him.
Haseena looked at him with bewildered expression.
The man looked at her with lusty eyes. "Is bar ladki Zara alag lag Rahi hai. Zara humain share nahi karwao ge?" He was about to touch Haseena but Rahil's hand stopped him.
Rahil: apko pata hai k Rahil apni chiz Kisi k sath share nahi karta." There was a warning in his tone..the man backed off.
Rahil then smiled. "Ab humain excuse kijiye, hum Zara guest room main aaram karne ja Rahe hain."
The man nodded, Rahil again nuzzled her neck and whispered in her ears. "Yeh glass pakre Haseena." He put the glass in her hand.
Rahil instructed her further. "Ab Apne Baal thode aise aagay kar lain k apka chahra chup jae aur aise pretend karain jaise ap nashe main Hain."
Haseena tried to protest again but he stopped her while sucking her earlobe. "Mujh par yaqin karain main Yahan par kisi ghalat maqsad k Liye nahi hun mgr apka chahra Kisi ne daikh Liya to mujhe problem ho jae gi. Please ap ek police wali rah chuki hai situation sanhbhalna apke Liye mushkil nahi hai." At that she nodded and he left his sweet torture to her.
He was dragging her towards an exit that another person approached them. This time it was a woman.
Woman: bohat jaldi main lag Rahe ho Rahil Jana?" She came near him and put her hand on his shoulder, completely ignoring Haseena.
Rahil jerked her hand and put Haseena closer to him.
"Bus ab in par itne paise lagae hain to room main wasul karne ja Raha hun." He winked at her and the woman smiled seductively. "Hum to free main apko Milne ko tyar hai, moqa to dijiye." Before she could touch him again, he again jerked her hand. "Mujhe free ki chizain hazam nahi hoti. Now excuse us."
Haseena who was burning from inside glared at the woman.
Rahil again dragged her towards the exit and after a while, he pushed her inside a large car. (Cars k brand main main achi nahi hun).
As soon as she entered the car, she looked at him who went to back seats of the car. She also noticed that the car's glass windows were black. It meant no one could see from outside what was happening inside of the car.
Haseena: Rahil, yeh sub Kya tha?
Rahil who was opening the briefcase shouted at her. "Haseena ap sabr nahi kar sakti Kya? Ek to pahle hi main itni mushkil main hun, please ap Meri mushkil mat barhae AUR Jo puchna hai ghar ja kar puchna.
Haseena: aur is preshani ki waja hum Hain?
Rahil: ap hi hai, ap ne apna libas daikha hai?
Haseena (angry) ab ap decide karain ge k hum Kya pahne ya Kya nahi?
Rahil angrily looked at her then opened the briefcase and took out the equipments from it.
Haseena who was about to say something as soon as she looked at the equipments Rahil had, she was stupified. It was the advanced military equipment which was used for communication.
Haseena: ap…?
Rahil: please Haseena bad main, main is waqt busy hun.
Rahil took the walkie talkie and started communicating.
Rahil (on radio) actor speaking, communicate delta cipher cipher one.
There was a voice of someone. "Delta cipher cipher one streaking."
Rahil: "apko ek location send ki hai..wahan aaiye aur party manaiye. Over and out."
Then he turned to see her stupified expression.
Rahil thought: jante hain k apke damagh main bohat kuch chal raha hai, yeh suchai apke samne na hi aati to acha tha.
Haseena: ap kon hai Rahil?
Rahil: apko thodi dair main khud hi pata chal jae ga.
After a while someone knocked on the window door and Rahil opened the door for him.
Person: yar itni late location ku bhaiji? Pahle hi bohat time waste ho gea.
Suddenly that person noticed a girl.
"Yeh ladki kon hai? Tu karae ki ladki ko under Le aaya."
Rahil (sternly) tameez se bhabhi hai Teri.
Person: Kya? Tu apni biwi ko raid par Le kar aaya hai. Ajeeb insan hai TU?
Rahil looked at him angrily. "Jo location. Tumhe send Karni thi Hassan to Haseena ko ghalti se send kar di aur yeh samjhi k main ne inhe Yahan bulaya hai."
At that Hassan understood and nodded. "Yeh to gar bad ho Gai. Ab sir ne Haseena ko daikh na Liya ho."
At the same time, other person knocked on the car.
Rahil looked at Haseena. "Ap Yahan chup jaiye aur jab tak main kahun nahi bahir nahi nikalna." Haseena nodded hide under the seat of the car.
Both of them went outside, Haseena was listening.
Both: Salam sir.
The boss greeted back then turned to Rahil. "Kya update hai?"
Rahil: sir, room number 607 main humara target hai.
Sir: thek hai, Hassan tum aur tumhari team dus minutes main under jae gi aur raid karain gi. 607 se in gundo ko range hathon pakadna hai aur investigation k Liye tyar karna hai. Agar bhagne Lage to shoot.
Hassan: Roger sir!
Sir: Rahil woh tumhare sath ladki kon thi Ayr Juliana kahan hai?
Rahil: Juliana ki tabiyat kharab hai woh leave par hai sir aur woh ladki ek paid girlfriend hai.
Haseena was in rage to listen to him.
Sir nodded. "Abhi kahan par hai woh?"
Rahil: abhi room main chod kar aaya hun.
Sir: daikho tum ne nai ladki ko Le kar thek nahi kiya, koi tumhe is k zariye trace bhi kar sakta hai. Meri Mano is ko ghar Le Jana.
Rahil: Kya kah Rahe hain sir? Ab main shadi shuda hun, biwi se mar parwae ge Kya.
(Haseena thought "biwi se mar to aise bhi pade gi, yeh janab ghar par ladkiyan Le kar aate hain. Inhe to hum ghar ja kar batae ge")
Sir: Chalo thek hai, jaise hi Hassan raid k Liye aaen tum ne us ko wahan SE le kar taizi se nikalna hai. Tumhara cover blow nahi hona chahiye.
Rahil: thek hai sir, samjh gea.
At that boss had left and Rahil opened the door of the car.
"Haseena, mere sath under Chalo. Aur jaise pahle act kar rahi thi, waise hi karna hai. Sirf dus minutes hum ne under rahna hai. Iske bad hum ghar jae ge aur apke sare sawalon k jawab main Dunga. Thek hai?
Haseena nodded.
He took her in his arms and they went inside the party. There were loud music going on. He dragged her to the dance floor. "Dance aata hai apko?"
She nodded.
He leaned to her. "Achi bat hai, dancing couples ko koi disturb nahi karta. Hum dus minutes Yahan Sahi se guzar sakte hai." At the he looked into her eyes.
She tried to find some lie in his eyes. He was always respectful to her and the women in his life. Even his female friends. Sometimes he got rude with his mother but he didn't cross his boundary. But tonight he was using the language which was beyond her imagination. Was he undercover agent or something? What was about his acting career? He had checked his serial, he was really an actor and had a life of acting but now an agent or an officer?
She would know when they would go to home.
They danced for a moment when she suddenly sensed someone's eyes on her. She unintentionally looked around, a man was sitting with the drink in his hands and looking at her with lust in his eyes. She hid herself in his arms. He looked at her with startled expression. "Sub thek hai?" He whispered.
Before she could answer, someone approach them.
"Rahil, Konsa heera apni bahon main chupaya hua hai."
Rahil: oh sir, koi nahi bus sham rangeen banane k bahane hai.
Person: to humari bhi sham rangeen kar dain.
He said while looking at Haseena suggestively who was trying to hide her face as per Rahil's instruction.
Rahil: ap jante to hai k Mera asul.
Man: haan, haan tumhara asool k Kisi se apni chiz share nahi Karni aur dusro ki jhooti Khani nahi.  Main to sirf ek dance Chahta hun, sirf do minutes k Liye.
Another man: de do Rahil, do minutes k Liye tumhe ek nea project mil jae ga. (Haseena recognized this another man was the boss of Rahil).
Rahil reluctantly left her. "Okay sir…"
There was shock on her face. She looked at Rahil whose face was blank. "Mgr sirf do minutes… humain nikalna hai."
The man dragged her to the dance floor and put his hands on her waist. She tried to maintain distance between them but that man dragged her closer to him. "Rahil se to bohat chipak rahi thi to mujh se Kya masla hai? Uski jawani par mat ja, mere pass is se zayada paisa hai, yeh bade bade serial k projects main is ko daita hun."
The man bragged and Haseena tried to smile despite being uncomfortable.
Haseena in mind: Haseena, use bhi apna ek mission hi samhjo. Itna to tumhe Rahil par bharosa hona chahiye k woh Kisi ghalat Kam main nahi Hoga. Hum ne Apne mission k doran kitne case solve karne k Liye yeh Natak kiya hai to ek bar aur Sahi.
She took a deep breath and smiled again to look at him.
"Acha Kitna paisa hai apke pass?"
Man: bohat zayada! Balke tum Kaho to heroine bana do.
Haseena: Suchi?
Man (bragged): such main. Bus tum Thoda mujhe khush karna to main tumhe khush kar Dunga.
Haseena: (ada se) sochun gi. Abhi  Mera duty time khatam ho raha hai to excuse me. (She put her finger in his face while pushed him slowly from herself.
She gestured him goodbye and went to Rahil.
"Kaisi thi Meri acting?" She thought he would praise her but there was blank expression on his face.
Before she could ask anything there was announcement of a raid.
He immediately held her hand and dragged her her to the exit. He almost threw her on the front seat and drive through to their home in full speed.
At first she thought that he was going faster because of the raid but when they came far ahead but he didn't decrease his speed, she told him that decrease the speed.
But he didn't answer her or comply her. Instead increase the speed.
Haseena: Rahil Kya kar Rahe hain? But he didn't answer her.
Haseena never seen him like this because he was always humble and follow the law. He always drove the car according to the speed criteria. But now.
After a while they reached at their home.
Instead of opening the door for her like he usually did, he went to the home while she followed him.
"Rahil Kya kar Rahe hain?"
He turned and she could see his red eyes and anger he was trying to control. "Humara peecha mat karo Haseena. Is waqt Kuch Ulta sedha apko kah diya to khuwam khuwah humara rishta kharab Hoga."
Haseena: aisa Kya kar diya hum ne?
Rahil: ek to ap wahan aa Gai dusra aise huliye main, tesra har insan apko khane k Liye tyar tha, chotha Kisi ko pata chal jata k ap Meri biwi hai, aur…
Haseena: bus…
Rahil: nahi bus… he kicked the side table and the vase on it broke down. He looked at the vase and controlled his anger."ap please mujhe is waqt mat bulaiye to apke  Liye acha Hoga. Main guest room main ja Raha hun Mera intazar mat karna."
At that he rushed to the guest room while she spent her night thinking about Anubhav and Rahil and how similar they were.
........