Chapter 16 (Goodbye)

It was around 3 am when she was startled a little in her sleep and found other side of her bed empty.

She walked up with a jerk. The abominable feelings of before she slept came with tenfold. She went to check bathroom and found it empty.
She checked the balcony and found him there with a cigarette.

It was first time she had seen him smoking. She immediately went to him and o snatched the cigarette from his hand.

He looked at her with unreadable expression and didn't argue for her to return it.

Haseena (angrily): "ap kab se yeh zahar peene lag gae?"

Anubhav smiled bitterly: "hum shuru se hi Pete hain Haseena bus apko malum nahi hai."

Haseena got speechless for a moment. Though they were in a relationship for a longer time but they had spent very little time to be together to know his habits. Even after three months of marriage it was the same as before.

Haseena wanted to ask to her destiny why it was that? It should be simple and full of love  but destiny had planned this for them.

Instead of throwing a cigarette, she had put it into her own mouth. Anubhav looked at her with shock and snatched her mouth and threw it in the floor.

Anubhav (angrily) "Pagal ho gai hai Kya ap?"

She avoided gazing in his eyes directly. There, they were standing, far away from their country. No one knew that person in front of him even alive, not even his mother who had now serious health issues. Even after witnessing her condition, he didn't turned back to his duty then who was she to claim something to him.

He was right to say that she didn't know many things about him.

But one thing she could do for sure. She went ahead and came closer to him.

She put her one hand on his cheek while looking into his eyes.

Anubhav smiled and took her free hand in his. The wind was cooler and there was a coastal breeze which was playing with her hairs. He tucked it behind her ear. She smiled while singing: "Tum itna Jo muskra rahe ho,. Kya gham hai jis ko chupa rahe ho?"

Anubhav smiled didn't falter: "koi gham nahi hai Haseena ji, bus Kam ki tension hai."

Haseena: "kabhi kabhar hum sochte hain k ap Rahil hi thek the Kam z Kam humain time daite the aur Thoda Thoda wife ki tarha feel karwate the mgr ab to kabhi kabhar ajnabi ban jate hain."

She didn't know what he had felt at this moment, he sternly hugged her. "Hum do din bad ja rahe hain Haseena ji. Operation k Liye, shayad kabhi lot kar na aaen aur shayad antim sanskar (is this right word) bhi naseeb na ho. Rahil ki jagah swipe ho gae hain hum... Iska hi kahna tha k jasoos ko na hi tirange main lapita jata hai aur na hi is k Liye topo ki salami honi hai. Bus Kisi Kone main khamoshi se mar Jana hota hai."

Although his words had hurt her but she didn't interrupt him because she wanted him to take out what was inside of him. Though she could see Rahil family had loved him as they thought he was Rahil. Amjad Khan was another case but he was hiding everything inside of him. It must be taken it's toll in him, if not, then soon it would be.

Haseena: "yeh akhri operation hoga?"

Anubhav nodded: "yeh akhri hai. Agar Zindagi Rahi to humara aakhri nahi hoga. Phir hum lot aaen ge parantu…"

Haseena looked at her questioningly.

Anubhav continued: "mgr ap humara intazar mat kijiye ga aur na hi umeed rakhiye ga."

Haseena looked at him again with hopeful eyes: "to phir hum aakhri bar kahte hain Anubhav, humain aise adhura chor kar mat jaiye. Kuk yeh bat ap bhi jante hain aur hum bhi k hum apke nahi hue to Kisi k bhi nahi hoga."