Tired Tears

"Touch me again and I will report you for assault"

"Taylor, if you want to see me in handcuffs you only have to ask, I'd be more than willing to comply"

He finishes the sentence with a wink and I'm more than tempted to take my hand and slap that wink right off his stupidly beautiful face

"You're a complete ass!"

"Yip, I would even be willing to show you my complete ass, all you have to do is tell me where and when and my ass is yours"

The woman sitting behind us tuts once more and this time it's so animated that I begin to suspect she has an uncontrollable tick and she's not really offended by Travis and I bickering at all.

Looking over his shoulder to the offended audience member I see Travis give her one of his million dollar smiles and she pretty much melts into a puddle of gooeyness right there on her seat

"You make me sick"

"I make you hot Tay, just admit it"

"Don't flatter yourself. How is Hailey anyways? Still as tall, blond and brainless?"

" I have no idea how she is, we broke up right after I got back from New York last time. I think you can guess why, can't you Taylor? " he gives me a version of the smile he just used to incapacitate  the woman behind us just minutes earlier only this time it's darker and laced with forbidden promise.

I swing my head away from him, making sure to catch his face with my ponytony before grabbing Alessias arm and begging her to let me leave.

I need to go somewhere to cool down, to down shots and flirt with any man that isn't that man, but my best friend isn't in any mood to help me out today as she raises her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet and then she returns her gaze to the performance I know is boring the life out of her.

Glancing over, I notice Travis is once again talking to someone, the fear he has a date grips me tight around the chest so I have a quick look unfortunately Travis catches me and let's out a small chuckle.

I hate his laugh, it's so fucking conceited, its  so close to sounding like nails on a chalkboard that I don't know why it ever made my heart race.

Slapping a hand to my chest I feel the organ buried deep beneath the skin thumping hard

Are you thumping that hard for him???

You treacherous little shit!

Especially after he caused you so much pain last time he came around. Ignore him. Beat nice and slow, there's a good heart.

Nice and slow and ignore Him and his stupid 'look at me' chuckle

"He's my room mate" Travis gazes at me with a look of confusion, obviously having witnessed my internal dialogue.

I stick my chin into the air and cross my arms before informing him I couldn't give a shit who his friend is, I was just looking to see if he was hot or not, I didn't want or need his life story.

He chuckles again and again my heart speeds up

"Can you please stop interrupting the show? It's getting to a good bit"

"Her father is about to die Taylor"

"Sad bit... It's getting to a sad bit that's what I meant now sssh, and have some respect for a dying man"

Later that night

So much for going out to get shit faced... Fucking traitor!

Alessia, my best friend, coming here to New York just to spend time with me... Bullshit!

Sitting on my living room floor I pour myself another glass of wine and then down it.

Let's go to the ballet she said, it will be fun she said, then we will hit the town and flirt with cute boys she said... Lies! All of it! Nothing but fucking lies!

I hear my front door open and then Alessia slips in. I turn up the music on my air pods and then turn my back to her. I dont want to speak to her or look at her right now. I don't trust the anger that's burning a path from my chest and filling up my mouth

"Hey Tay, you should have come out with us it was so much fun, Brian is hysterical and him and Travis are like a double act... Taylor?"

Sneaking up behind her friend Alessia took out the air pods and then kissed Taylors cheek as a way of alerting her to her presence

"Don't you touch me!" the venom that dripped from Taylors words shocked the Canadian girl and she dropped to the floor and put her hand on Taylors shoulder

"Taylor what's wrong, are you OK?"

"No I am fucking not OK you traitor" pushing herself to her feet Taylor looked down at the raven haired girl that was sitting shocked at her feet

"You are supposed to be my friend, you are supposed to be here visiting me, not out galivanting with my enemy!"

"We asked you to come, you said you were tired"

"I was upset Alessia, upset! You trapped me in that place with him. You knew he would be there and you lead me there like a lamb to the slaughter"

Alessia chuckled slightly at her friends tenancy to become super dramatic when drinking

"Don't you laugh at me!"

"Come on Taylor, you are acting like I set you up on a date with Donald Trump. It was Travis"

"Yes Travis, Travis my ex, the guy that lied to me and deceived me just a few months ago, the guy I dreamed of a future with and the guys that broke my heart. So excuse me if I would have rather sat in that auditorium with Donald Trump. You knew how much I had struggled to recover and now, just as I'm getting strong, just as I'm getting over him you bring him here, to my city and then you trap me with him"

Taylors voice trailed off as tears flooded her eyes

"I trusted you Alessia, how could you do this to me, how could you bring him here?"

With that tiredness and tears overcame the blond and as a sob broke free from her chest she pushed her way past her friend and bolted for the safety of her bedroom

*PLEASE vote and comment x