018 let me

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
let me

THE next morning, charlotte only spent an hour awake at lily's before booking it home to get ready to hangout with gracie. surprisingly, she woke up with energy and full of life and not a groggy mess — which after a quick google search made her understand that that was because of the ecstasy from last night. speaking of the drug, it slowly brought back memories of last night that she was so grateful her mind allowed her to keep. kissing gracie in the photo booth, the texts gracie sent last night, and how close together they were. that all coming back to her is what gave her the idea to call gracie in the morning and ask to come over in the first place.

it was only 11:26am, but as charlotte sat doing her makeup, she had a can next to her, half finished. she thought back to her conversation with caleb that night in her bedroom, about how gracie wouldn't want charlotte kissing her while drunk so it wouldn't be a drunken mistake. how she doesn't want things to fuck up again as much as charlotte. however, they still kissed yesterday and charlotte wasn't drunk. she was high on ecstasy and thrill. and she knows for a fact it wasn't a mistake because she's still thinking about that kiss right now, taking that pill just helped her feel less scared about throwing herself into kissing gracie again and bringing back the start of who they once were before it all went downhill. but still, she was nervous as ever to go hangout with gracie which is why she was drinking right now — only a little bit though, to her handling.

she texted gracie earlier asking what she wanted to do today, and the singer just sent a shrugging emoji in response. so, when charlotte arrived at gracie's place, hands anxiously playing with the rings on her fingers and rocking back and forth on her heels, she was unsure what to expect. and she only grew more unsure as by the third time she rang the bell, gracie still hadn't opened the door, so she shot her a text saying she was here. about two minutes later, the door pulled open and gracie was stood in fluffy pyjama pants with little cows on them, a soft dark green hoodie, had messy hair and a mug of coffee in her hands. basically, she was the direct opposite of charlotte who was dressed in baggy jeans, jewelry, a ralph lauren sweater, with her hair brushed and makeup on.

charlotte cracked a smile, "still wanna hangout when you're this hungover?"

gracie rolled her eyes and ushered charlotte inside, "kinda thought you'd be dead too today."

"well i wasn't the one pounding back drinks with olivia was i?" charlotte smirked. weenie came sprinting up towards charlotte, the shark toy in his mouth of course, "hi bubba," charlotte cooed, scooping him up into her arms and following gracie to the couch. "actually, i didn't drink at all last night, so you're kinda all alone in your zombie mood right now."

gracie laughed and smiled her eyes into charlotte's, sitting down close next to her, "good, cause i was really hoping you weren't after we um... y'know."

charlotte blushed, "i was worried you wouldn't remember."

gracie chuckled, "you think i'd let my mind forget that?"

charlotte shrugged, "mmm, i don't know, that three ounce shot you took with marcus seemed pretty mind wiping."

gracie laughed and was about to reply, until her gaze landed on charlotte's leg that was wildly bouncing up and down. she tilted her head and placed a hand down on her thigh of the leg that bobbed, "you okay?"

charlotte looked down and noticed her leg, quickly forcing herself to stop, "oh." unlike 99% of the time, charlotte realized that she was all fidgety because she still had some lasting effects of the ecstasy flowing in her, and it wasn't because she was anxious. "no im okay, that shit i took yesterday is just still lingering around i guess. probably explains why i'm not in your state right now too," she chuckled.