Chapter 8 - Best Way To Get Over Someone Is To Get Under Someone Else

*

                                     Sadie's P.O.V

*

Nick - Fuck! your message literally came through just as I got on the flight for Dublin. I'm so sorry I never replied, I wish I'd seen it before now. I would have loved to hang out with you some more. If you're ever in L.A hmu. We're back in the U.K for a festival in the summer if you wanna hang out then? Again I'm so sorry Sadie.

Bullshit. Fucking bullshit you didn't see my message. I swipe off the message and go back to getting my shit together for work tomorrow.

What has my life come to. I've spent my whole weekend in my god awful flat cleaning and watching T.V. I haven't gone for a walk, I haven't taken myself out for a coffee, I haven't done anything for me.

I live in one of the most amazing cities in the world and I just see the worst in it instead of the best. I see the worst in everything recently. It's like the darkness is eating me alive and the small amount of light I once saw is now beggining to fading.

                                             *

                                  Nicks P.O.V

*

"Bro stop checking your phone." Folio says as we sit at the bar in Germany.

We moved on from Dublin a few days ago now finally starting our own Europe. Our official first show is tomorrow and I'm fucking stoked, glad for the distraction.

"Dude. Put. Your. Phone. Down." Folio warns again then finishing his pint. "You know the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." He winks at me and I can't help but chuckle at his classic response.

"Bro, it wasn't even like that." I tell Folio taking a swig from my beer.

"You got it bad Nicholas. Not as bad as Noah but you got it bad." Folio chuckles as Jolly and Noah finally join us.

"What y'all drinking? I'll buy a round." Noah asks as he drums on the bar.

"I'll have a vodka coke." Folio says as he finishes his pint.

"Ay, good shout I'll have the same." Jolly agrees taking a seat.

"Me too." I chime in and Noah orders for us all. 

I notice Folios gaze following one of the girls in the bar.

"You got no chill." I laugh at Folio making him laugh.

"You should try my way sometime." Folio winks making Jolly shake his head at his reply.

"Maybe I will." I reply, Jolly's eyebrows raise in my response. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." He says as Noah brings our drinks over to us.

"This city is so cool I wish we got to explore it a lil more." Noah says as he pulls up a stool.

"Yeah dude, it's fucking sick. There's a couple places I wanna see tomorrow, you're welcome to join." Jolly replies and Noah's nodding away instantly.

"I'll come too." I pipe up.

"Yeah, count me in. I wanna see what this place has to offer." Folio adds still making eyes at the girl he caught the attention of earlier. "Boys on tour." Folio laughs into his drink.

"Wait, this is the first time Noah's not single on tour." I say and Noah laughs.

"Shh, we're keeping it on the lowdown Nick." Noah says taking a sip from his drink.

"Someone's gonna have to step up." Folio comments making Noah shake his head.

"I wasn't that bad." Noah replies trying to hold back a laugh.

"Dude, you were pretty fucking bad." I join in making Noah's cheeks turn red.

"Well not anymore." Noah vows and I know he's serious. He's totally besotted by Margo and won't do anything to jeopardise their relationship.

"We know, you're in loooove." Jolly sings making us all laugh.

"Whatever. If y'all gonna bully me I'm going to bed." Noah jokes shaking his head. "Are you gonna shoot your shot then Folio?" He questions clearly noticing Folios wandering eye.

"Obviously, gimme ten." He winks standing and making his way over to the blonde he's been keeping an eye on since we got here.

"Can't fucking take him anywhere." Jolly chuckles. "What's going on with you Nick?" Jolly eludes to my dating life.

"Bro it's dry since L.A." I laugh keeping my Sadie secret to myself, Jolly squints at my answer knowing how I was in that club with Sadie.

"Yeah what happened to that girl you were speaking to before we left?" He presses and I shrug. "Okaaay..."

"What girl?" Noah asks and I shake my head.

"It was nothing."

"Don't leave me out the loop." He moans drinking from his glass.

"Honestly bro it's nothing." I say again more firmly this time.

"What about the girl you were dating in L.A? Are you gonna pick that back up or?" Noah asks.

"Marnie? Ah, I don't know... it was fun and I like her but I'm not too sure. Think it's more a casual thing." I reply honestly then finishing my own drink. "I'll get the next round. Everyone going for the same?" I ask, Noah and Jolly nod in reply.

I order again, glancing over to Folio who's laughing with the blonde. It seems like he won't be coming back but his glass is empty so I buy him a drink anyways.

As soon as I sit back down with our drinks two girls make their way over to where Noah, Jolly and I are seated.

"Can we sit here?" They ask us, Noah just shrugs in response.

"Sure, we don't own the stools." Noah laughs turning back to Jolly and I.

"Where are you guys from?" One of the girls asks. No one replies for a beat too long so I take it upon myself to answer.

"The states, you guys?"

"We're from Sweden." They reply making Jolly chuckle.

"Me too." He chimes in and the girls seem surprised by this. Noah nudges me purposefully, pushing me into one of the girls.

"Sorry." I mutter to the girl.

"No problem. What's your name?" She smiles at me.

"Nick, you?"

"Lina, it's nice to meet you." She smiles turning to face me her knee brushes against my own.

She's pretty, light eyes, brunette hair, a nice smile but she's not Sadie.

"What are you drinking?" She asks and I hear Noah chuckle from behind me clearly finding the exchange entertaining.

"Vodka coke." I bluntly reply not really interested in the conversation.

"That's my go to order." She smiles and I stand to leave.

"Where you going?" Noah asks and I shake my head making my way to the bathroom.

"Ay, I saw you talking to that girl." Folio says as I enter the bathroom.

"Mhmm."

"Like I said, best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." He reminds me as he washes his hands.

"You might be right Folio." I sigh as he leaves. I run my hands under the tap and quickly wash my face, looking at my reflection.

"Fuck it." I mutter wiping my face on my top.

I need to let go of the what if and move on.

"Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." I mumble as I leave the bathroom making my way back over to where I was sitting.

I need to get over Sadie and I think Folios solution is definitely one way for me to take it on.