Chapter 15 - I Know So

*

                                     Sadie's P.O.V

                                                 *

When I wake Nick is gone. I reach out to the side of the bed that he claimed as his own and it's still warm. He must have just left.

I reach for my phone checking the time.

4.34am.

Fucking gross.

Thanks time zones.

I open WhatsApp heading straight to the conversation with Nick.

Sadie - Come back, the beds cold without you.

I send the message as I grab the tv remote and start to flick through the apps settling on Netflix. I turn the volume down carefully not to wake anyone then selecting Cyberpunk Edgerunners.

Minutes later there's a soft knock on my door and I get up to open it.

"Hey, I got you coffee." Nick smiles at me shyly placing the mug in my hand.

"Oh thanks... I just text you." I smile sheepishly as I close the door behind Nick.

"I know." He smiles back getting back into bed. "Hey, you're watching Cyberpunk. Have you seen this before?" Nick asks as I place down my coffee settling down next to him.

"Yeah, I love it. I cry at the ending all the time though. It breaks my heart." I say suddenly an awkwardness present between us.

We both focus on the show, a small gap between us staying obviously present until the second episode. I've almost finished my coffee when it seems like the time that we both decide to make the "first move". Nick reaches for my hand as I try to settle further down the bed and snuggle into him make a very uncomfortable boob grab moment.

"Oh fuck I did not mean for that to happen." Nick blushes and I can't help but laugh.

"It's alright, honestly." I reply making Nick chuckle as I place my head on his chest. I can feel his heart pounding against his chest, I wonder if it's beating fast because of me.

"I should probably go before anyone wakes." Nick sighs as he starts to run his fingers over my back.

"Hmm... why?"

"Me and you alone in your room. They'll start to get ideas."

"Would that be so bad?" I reply but it's met with silence, his hands moving from my back to stroke the top of my head where he plants a gentle kiss.

"I guess not."

                                                *

Nick, Folio, Jolly, Noah and I are all waiting in the living room for Margo to join us. The boys have been insisting on a game of Mario Kart since I got here a few days ago.

"Mario Kart again... seriously guys." Margo huffs as she claims her seat between Noah and Jolly. I'm sandwiched between Nick and Folio, practically sitting on Nicks lap but I like being near him. He makes me feel comfortable.

"We finally have even teams where everyone can play, so yes Mar, we're playing Mario Kart. Again." Folio sasses Margo whilst handing her a controller.

"If I play poorly it's because I'm jet lagged." I tell the group. The last time I played Mario Kart I must have been a kid playing with Margo and the girls. I'm really gonna show myself up here, I haven't played since then.