Vindication

Note: Greetings from the author who came from a busy life and just gotten less busy than as usual, this would be a full chapter and that's all i can say. love lots my sunshine's ! ❤️

Summary:
Jiang Cheng completed his rushed bandaging, and began shoving at Wei Ying’s shoulder hoping to wake the man up, “Why didn’t you call for your precious husband?”

Wei Yīng slowly blinked a few times, taking a moment to consider his Jiang Cheng’s question before letting out a soft pant, trying to clear the haze in his head.

“Can’t. Traitor.” Wei Ying softly mumbled.

“Hanguang-jun, a traitor… Wei Ying, did he do this?” Jiang Cheng whispered, looking intently at Wei Ying’s tired gaze. He spun his head around surveying the bush around them as if expecting the aforementioned man to step out of the shadows.

“Nooo,” Wei Yīng groaned pushing at Jiang Cheng’s chest, “Traitor… within G-Gusu Lan.”

Chapter 1:

Vindication was a strange word. The way it rolled off of the tongue, and lingered in one’s mouth, in one’s mind. To be vindicated, was to be absolved of all crimes, to be cleared of all suspicions, to be free.

Wei Ying supposed he had been actively vindicated of his gruesome crimes, of his title as Yílíng lǎozǔ. He was a free man, was he not? Jin Guangyao had been the ringmaster, Wei Ying had been a mere pawn in the man’s schemes, right? He had been an unfortunate victim, within an even more unfortunate set of circumstances.

In the eyes of all the major sects Leaders, Wei Wuxian was just another cultivator with a distasteful affinity for demon cultivation, but he wasn’t an enemy. However, in the eyes of everyone else- Wei Wuxian was still the Yílíng lǎozǔ. Wei Wuxian was a man to be feared, to be killed in retribution for his crimes. Yes, in the eyes of the world, nothing had changed no matter how much he tried. He couldn’t escape the brand of his past, and the pain of rumours, Wei Ying had only just come to understand that.

It wouldn’t matter, how many years went by, or how many stories were spun- there would always be someone cursing him to his grave. There would always be misinformation, and there would always be a stain upon his name; Wei Ying understood that deeply. With that being said, Wei Ying still couldn’t help but curse those fools, he was tired of being cursed out, of being subject to revenge plot, after revenge plot.

He was oh so tired.

He was really hoping that his current predicament would be the last. Wei Ying had been well and truly caught aside this time, he’d expected the blade to the abdomen and the menacing glint in his attacker’s eyes, but he hadn’t expected the familiar Gusu Lan robes. He’d recognise that cloud emblem anywhere, he saw it on a daily basis. On his husband’s robes, on his little a-Yuan, on every. single. disciple.

It seemed there was a killer hidden amongst the Cloud Recesses- well an attempted killed. It would be an attempt, for the wound that had been inflicted upon him was not one that would kill, it would only maim. That in itself, unsettled Wei Ying, it unsettled him more than the pain lacing through his belly.

Because if the cultivator didn’t mean to kill Wei Ying, what did he mean to do?

Wei Ying had plenty of time to ponder this, considering the amount of time it would take for help to come, and how incapacitated he was. He was given a small mercy, in that he managed to set off a Yunmeng Jiang Sect flare. Though he would have to suffer Jiang Cheng’s spite, it would be better than the alternative.

No matter how much Wei Ying wanted to be in his husband’s arms, Wei Ying refused to endanger the man’s life. Signalling the Gusu Lan Sect may merely play into his attacker’s plans.