The Drinks are on Me: Part Five

The pair then headed over to the dartboard. Killian grabbed the darts and handed half to Emma.

"Here you go, love. How should we start, hmm? Ladies first?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Is that your ridiculous way of trying to get me to go easy on you?"

"Is it working?"

"No."

"Perhaps I should really turn on the charm?"

"And you think that'll work?"

"Should we find out?"

The two of them locked eyes. Goosebumps erupted and cheeks flushed red.

Emma managed to look away. She took a deep breath.

"Come on, let's play."

"As you wish."

He then gestured toward the dartboard. "Ladies first."

She couldn't help but smile before she turned her attention to the board. She focused on the black, white, red, and green.

She took a deep breath before she took aim - and threw. The dart landed a little below the center.

She planted her hands on her hips. "I thought I had it."

Killian hummed. A grin then spread across his face. "And here I thought you were so much better than me."

She nudged his shoulder with hers. "Let's just see how you do then."

"Whatever you say, Swan."

He then shot her a wink before he stepped closer to the dartboard. She twirled her hair around her fingers as she moved aside.

Killian then took his aim and threw the dart. It landed in the center.

"Bull's eye! Take that, Swan." He then jogged over and grabbed the darts.

She cocked an eyebrow. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Of course I am. It's not every day I get to beat you at darts."

"You do realize we've taken exactly one turn."

"And I'm winning - which proves my point."

"We'll see."

She moved around him and stood back in front of the dart board. She gripped the dart in her hand and aimed.

"Hey!" she then yelped when Killian hooked his arms around her waist and swung her around. His laughter rang in her ears as he placed her back on the ground.

Her face flushed red as her gaze lingered on the ground. He then tilted her chin up with his thumb.

"Come now, Swan, you know I had to have a bit of fun."

She took a breath. "Did you have to do it with everyone watching?"

He shrugged. "As I told you earlier - I'm quite certain they're used to our antics by now."

He then nodded toward the dartboard. "But now I'll let you have your turn."

She only eyed him before she took a breath and turned back to the board.

"Like I can concentrate now."

She shook her head and steeled her nerves. When she threw the dart, it sailed right toward the center.

Her eyes widened. "I can't believe I actually pulled that off."

Killian leaned in close. "Perhaps I'm your good luck charm."