Truce, Part Five

Emma practically ran back to her apartment. When she walked through the door, she immediately sank down against it and buried her face in her hands.

"What have I done?" she groaned out loud.

She and Killian were just friends. A friendship she probably just ruined because of her stupid impulse - one that she wished she could take back.

When she rose from the floor, she walked into her laundry room to finally wash clothes.

As she was pouring the blue liquid in the cap, she found herself distracted. She thought about how his hand felt in her hair and how his lips...

She shook her head from those thoughts and poured the detergent over her clothes. She then started the washing machine before going back in the living room.

Emma sat down on the couch and ran a hand through her hair. She then told herself, "It was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything."

She then grabbed the remote from the coffee table. As soon as she had flipped on the TV, there was a knock at her door.

She sighed as she got up. As she opened the door, she spoke, "Look, it was only a kiss."

"You kissed someone?" Belle surprisingly asked.

Emma's eyes widened at the sight of her best friend. The blonde then tried to defend, "Uh...um...no. Who would I kiss?"

The brunette grinned as she responded, "I think I have an idea."

The blonde panicked for a moment before she gathered her wits. She the narrowed her eyes and pointed out, "That's ridiculous. Whatever you think you know is wrong," as she crossed her arms.

She then changed the subject and continued, "So, what brings you here?"

Belle as she decided to drop it for now. She then answered, "I came to return your jacket," as she handed her friend the brown leather coat.

"Oh, I forgot you even had it," Emma observed with a light chuckle.

"Well, that makes two of us," the brunette agreed, as she chuckled as well.

The blonde then excused herself to hang up the coat. When she returned, she asked, "Care for some lemonade?"

"I'd love some," Belle answered with a smile. Emma smiled back before she began fixing their drinks.

As Emma poured the lemonade, Belle noticed that her best friend was a bit out of sorts.

So, the brunette carefully perceived, "Emma, I know that something is bothering you."

Emma sighed as she ran her fingers through her blonde hair. She then turned to face Belle. She took a deep breath and admitted, "I think you've already figured it out."

Belle simply offered a sympathetic smile before pulling Emma in for a hug, one in which the blonde was grateful.

When they pulled away, Belle questioned, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I mean, there's nothing to really talk about - it was just a kiss," Emma tried to defend.

"Give me some credit, Emma - we're practically sisters. I know you better than anyone," Belle pointed out.

The blonde sighed before she refuted, "It didn't mean anything. I - we were just caught in the moment."

"If that were true, you wouldn't be a bundle of nerves."

"I'm not..." Emma tried to defend, but she knew that it was pointless. She then took a deep breath and started again, "That kiss was a mistake - it shouldn't have happened. Killian and I can just move past it and go back to being friends."