Part 7 ☆

a/n: i'm camping w my grandparents n they're acc boring the shit out of me send help omfg 😭 also they think i'm straight... or at least that what's they thought until i was on aux and lunch started blasting IM COOKED

Song recommendation - Get high w me/awfultune

Your pov
Two weeks later

When Billie knocks on the studio door, it's a perfect distraction from all the work of writing our song. Making music is fucking hard.

"Hey, Y/N, I was gonna go out for drinks tonight, do you wanna come?" Billies eyes dart over to the tall Blonde, and she adds "You're welcome too, Reneé."

I've been in the studio all week, and I'm so tired. I'm about to decline when Reneé speaks up. "I'd love to!" 

Billie looks at me. "Y/N? You coming too?"

I want to say no, but now Reneés's going, so I sorta have to. "Yeah, sure. Do I have time to go change first?" I say, glancing down at today's outfit of choice- flannel pajama pants and a white king princess hoodie.

Billie checks the time on her phone. "Yeah, it's only like 9. We were gonna get food first, but we should still have time."

Reneé looks down at her matching messy attire- Nike sweatpants and a baggy black Rhea Ripley t-shirt reading 'listen to mami.' "Y/N, can I just borrow some of your clothes? I don't think we have time to go to my place too."

I agree, and we walk to Billie's car together, Reneé and Billie excited for the night, me dreading it. I really don't see how I'm gonna make it through the night looking at Reneé in my clothes, knowing I'm not aloud to make a move.

I had a few drinks with dinner, so by the time we got to the club, I was already feeling a bit of that warm and fuzzy drunk feeling. Bills drags the group of us to a booth. We had picked up some other friends on the way to dinner, and there was enough people that I didn't actually have to talk to Reneé much. Which was good, because she had picked probably the hottest outfit in my closet.

Her 'top' was a pair of fishnets I had cut a head hole out of (a/n yes i do own that exact top, fight me) and she was wearing black leather pants that fit her curves perfectly. She looked... really fucking hot.

My eyes are still trailing up and down her body when my best friend nudges me. "Babe, you're staring again," she whispers into my hair. "Wanna go dance?" She asks, although she pulls me onto the dance floor before I have a change to respond.

Honestly, what she said while she was doing my makeup was 100% true. If we weren't best friends, we'd be dating. I'm sure there's thousands of universes where we're soulmates, but this isn't one of them. Yet, it's still nearly impossible not to feel chemistry as she grinds up against me, the curves of her body fitting in perfectly with mine.

I let her take the lead, her body swaying into mine with the rhythm of the music. I know how it could look- We're both high profile celebrities, pictures of us like this could really fuck up both of our lives- but none of that really matters in the moment.

Until I see Reneé, stepping out onto the dance floor, glancing around, quite obviously looking for me. My heart breaks the second her eyes lock with mine, and her face drops to the floor. She's across the room, and yet I can still see the disappointment in her face as she turns and runs away.

"Shit," I mutter, pushing off of Billie.

"What's up?"

I tell her what happened, and shes instantly sympathetic. Billie is the biggest supporter of my delusional love for Reneé, and would do anything for us. Maybe the reason she's so supportive is because she's not my romantic soulmate, but my platonic one.

"You gotta find her. I mean, besides, she literally said you were just friends! Who does this manipulate bitch think she is!" Billie snaps, going into full best friend defensive mode.

"Chill Bills. It's fine, but you're right, I gotta find her."

And I do find her, 10 minutes later in a closet, the tiny room hot with vapor. Reneés eyes are red, and it's hard to tell whether it's from crying, or from the weed. Probably both. I hate seeing her so sad. I start to apologize, but she cuts me off.

"Want a hit?" She says, offering me the pen. I shut the door behind me and sit down on a gray cardboard box next to her, accepting the offer. She doesn't hand me the pen, though. Instead she takes a hit from it, holding in the smoke. She brings a thumb to my bottom lip, separating it slightly from my top lip, and blowing the vapor into my mouth, her lips so close to mine that I'd barely have to move to kiss her. I close my mouth and swallow the thick smoke. The high kicks in almost instantly, although that's probably more the general high of being in Renee's presence.

A few hits later and I'm full on stoned, sitting in a closet with Reneé. My head is fogged with thoughts, but only one prevails- How badly I want to kiss Reneé. I watch her, every thing she does, and it practically feels like everything's going in slow motion. I can't even bring myself to focus on the words escaping her perfectly formed lips.

"Huh?"

Reneé giggles, obviously knowing its her I was distracted by. "I said, I want chips. Like, so fucking bad."

"I'm definitely not good to drive... I think there's a 7-11 on the corner, though?"

Her face lights up. "Yes! And then I can get a slurpee!" She trails off on the E, so it sounds more like 'slurpeeeeyyeee.'

"I assume I'm paying?"

"Of course you are!" Reneé says with a giggle, pushing herself off of the stack of boxes and to the door.

I follow, walking through the door at the same time as her, our hands brushing against each other. One thing about me is that when I get high, I get way too confident. "Anything for my princess," I whisper into her ear as we walk out of the door, linking my pinky with hers. It's not quite the same as holding hands, but it's still more physical contact than we've had since grammy night.

We find our booth, although it's now empty, given that everybody else was on the dance floor. I motion for Reneé to sit down. "I'm gonna go tell Billie we're leaving. Wait here, baby."

"Yes ma'am"