Year One: Part Three

Harry POV:

Harry continued to follow McGonagall, it looked as though she was leading him down into the dungeons.

He realized his thought was correct when she led him into Snape's office.

Harry was pretty sure he was about to kicked out of Hogwarts. The thought itself didn't bother him, but he didn't want to disappoint his dads.

Snape looked from McGonagall to Harry then back again.

"Severus, I have found you a seeker" She said primly.

"Him?" Snape questioned.

Harrys heart was pounding, it didn't sound like he was about to be expelled.

McGonagall nods "he caught a Remembrall in his hand after a fifty-foot dive, didn't even get a scratch"

Snape examined Harry a moment before he says "ever played Quidditch before Potter, or even watched it"

Harry nods "yes sir, me and Draco have played together"

"Very well, I want to see you on the pitch at five o'clock tomorrow evening" Snape says

"Professors? I thought first years weren't aloud to play quidditch" Harry asks

"I'll speak to Dumbledore" Professor McGonagall says.

"I must say I am surprised Minerva, that you are helping yourself get beat by Slytherin again" Snape drawls

McGonagall stiffens slightly before saying "talent is talent".

"Do you have a broom? Potter" Snape asks Harry.

Harry hesitates for a moment before nodding, "I snuck one in".

"If you train hard you will not be punished for that, but if I hear you are slacking you will be off the team, and receive a punishment for breaking school rules, do you understand?" Snape says cooly

"Yes sir" Harry responds

Snape gestures to the door and Harry and McGonagall walk out.

That whole meeting went so much better than he had expected, he's still shocked Snape wasn't completely rude to him. Harry still doesn't understand why his mum was friends with him though.

In the corridor McGonagall looks at Harry and smiles sadly "your father would be proud" she says "he was an excellent Quidditch player himself"

Harry smiled back at her unsure what to say, he knew his father was good at Quidditch, after all he's the one who taught Harry with a little help from Regulus, but his professor didn't need to know that bit of information.

McGonagall walked the rest of the way out of the dungeons but Harry stood there for a second unsure where to go, he couldn't wait to write home and tell them what had just happened, but he also hadn't eaten yet and he was starving.

He didn't feel like sitting with his house in the hall, he didn't want to talk to his friends and hear excuses so he went to where James and Reg told him the kitchen entrance was. His dads had gone there to eat together back when they were secretly dating in school.

The elves welcomed him, some of them recognized him because he looks so much like his father, they gave him way too much food, but on the bright side he wasn't going to go hungry.