Chapter Fourteen

By the next morning, I had a black eye.

Never did I think my aunt was stupid enough to hit me in my face, but she proved me wrong last night when she hit me in my eye causing it to bruise.

Now, I get to go to school and face the one person that I didn't want to face when it came to what happens behind closed doors in my life.

Miss Adeline.

The woman I've had a crush on for almost three years. Who doesn't know anything about the thoughts I have about her or how she makes my heart beat a thousand miles per hour when I see her.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I knew that I had to cover the bruise up somehow. It was too obvious, and Miss Adeline was sure to point that out the moment she see's me.

After rummaging through my aunt's make up, I found something that could cover it up. I wasn't sure if it would work the best, but I gave it a try as I applied some around my eye.

"Not bad." I said to myself as I looked in the mirror. It was covered up a little, and I doubt anyone would notice.

As I got ready for school, and left, I could feel that today was going to be a terrible day. I could feel pain in my head and eye, making it throb as I tried ignoring it.

I took some pain pills before I left, so maybe it'll help.

Arriving at school, I tried avoiding eye contact with anyone. I wanted to get this day over with as fast as I could, which I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go home or not.

But I didn't want to be here.

As the day went on, I felt like everyone was staring at me because of my face. I had to the bathroom as few times to make sure that the makeup wasn't coming off, which made me paranoid throughout the day.

When last period came around, I was nervous as hell when I walked down the hallway to that classroom. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I held onto the door handle and opened the door.

Once I walked in, I saw Miss Adeline sitting at her desk. She looked towards me, which made me slight smile as I walked to the chair near her desk and sat down. I could feel her eyes on me as I grabbed a book from my bag and placed it on the desk, opening it and staring at it.

As she started teaching, I focused on the book in front of me. I hardly glanced up, in fear that she would notice the makeup on my face, so I kept my head down and away from her.

The time went on, and I could see her in the corner of my eye. She was sitting so close to me that I thought my leg would touch hers eventually, which made me stare at it for the longest time.

We never passed any notes around, and she never looked over at me. I was relieved at the same time as I was concerned because she didn't pay any attention to me at all.

When the bell rung, I placed my book and everything else in my bag. I was about to stand up when the last student left, but Miss Adeline placed her hand on my leg, and I instantly froze in place.

I looked down at it before glancing up at her, meeting her eyes. I could see her eyes searching my face, making the room get hotter as my skin was catching on fire from her touch.

"What's on your face?" She asked, looking at the side where the makeup was present.

"Nothing." I said, trying to get up before she held me down. I saw her stare at me before reaching over and gently touching the side of my face.

When she pulled her hand back, I saw her rub her fingers together and the makeup was on her skin. I looked at her then saw her stare at me before reaching over again, wiping the remainer of the makeup off.