Chapter Twenty-Four

The next few days weren't anything special.

Besides the fact that Adeline and I have been getting closer over the last few days. I enjoyed it a lot, and she seemed to enjoy it as well.

Ever since that day at school when Miss Allison came into the classroom, I've been feeling uneasy about everything. I knew that whatever she said to Adeline, made her a little on edge about everything also.

I told her that since the cops know I'm staying with her, then nothing else matters. It's nobody else's business.

But all Adeline said was that we needed to be cautious about everything. We can't get too close in fear that someone will come knocking on our door, wanting answers.

That didn't scare me because they didn't have any proof of anything. I kept cool about the situation and finally got Adeline to relax too.

"I don't want to lose you." She said to me one night as we were cuddled on the couch. "I'm scared that they will find something out and take you away from me."

"I'm eighteen."

"It doesn't matter. You won't be here anymore." She spoke, making me snuggle up to her more.

Adeline really did love me, even though she hasn't told me, but I can feel it. I knew that she loved me and didn't want anyone finding out about us because I could possibly be taken away from her.

And that made me smile because of how much she cared for me.

As for my paranoia, I haven't been seeing any strange cars anymore. I haven't been getting any texts from unknown numbers, which was a relief. I didn't let it bother me anymore, and I put all my attention on Adeline.

I also didn't tell her about the car that I saw the other day. Since I haven't seen it, I figured it wasn't important enough to say anything.

So, I forgot about it.

Adeline was my only attention.

I was still trying to get up the courage to tell her how I felt, and how long I've been feeling about her. I'm scared, but I know a part of me will want this so Adeline can finally know.

We're not dating or moving further into whatever we are. She has expressed her feelings, and we're just enjoying each other's company.

On the low, of course.

We haven't been hugging in the classroom anymore ever since that day with Miss Allison. We still pass little notes, but nothing too crazy as far as just asking how our day was.

Adeline said that Miss Allison said something about our principal should know about me living with Adeline, but I was just as confused when Adeline said that because I don't think it's the principal's business.

If the cops know, then we're fine.

"Alright class, bell is about to ring. Bring up your quizzes." Adeline spoke as I sat there, watching everyone walk to her desk. I looked down at my notebook that was in front of me, knowing I would have to start studying this week.

School is about over with, and I was more than happy.

It was almost Spring Break, which meant I had a whole week with Adeline. I couldn't wait, and my excitement was overwhelming.

When the bell rung, I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulders. I grabbed my notebook that was laying on the desk and held it in my arms as the last student left the room.

I heard Adeline sigh, which made me look over at her as she was leaning over her desk and grabbing things. She flipped her hair out of her face, and I felt my goosebumps on my skin.