Chapter Thirty-Four

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.

Before I knew it, graduation was here.

It was fast paced from here on out, and I felt like I was dreaming when I was finally getting ready for graduation night. I was nervous, but I was also excited.

Adeline was helping with my dress, which I hated but I had to wear it. I had no other choice but to wear a stupid dress, but luckily I had some shorts on underneath it that nobody else knew about.

"You look beautiful." She smiled at me before kissing me.

"I guess I feel like it." I sighed as I leaned my head back and groaned. "I hate dresses."

Adeline chuckled as I looked back at her. "I know, baby. But only for a few hours. Then... I'll be happy to remove the dress for you."

"Bold, Miss Adeline." I said, making her smile. I sighed as I looked up at the ceiling, which Adeline didn't like because she kept telling me to move my head back down.

When I looked over at the time on the clock that was near her bedside table, I sighed as I was more than ready for this night to be over with. I knew it was a special moment, but I hated wearing this dress.

"Alright," Adeline smiled at me before stepping away. "turn around." I turned around and saw her smile at me. "Gorgeous."

"You just wanted to see my ass." I saw her roll my eyes as I smiled at her.

Our relationship has been solid. We finally made it official, which she was the one to ask, but we were happy. I couldn't be happier with every moment spent with her.

"Baby." She spoke, making me look at her. "I'm so proud of you." I smiled at those words, feeling myself getting emotional as I knew nobody else was here in my life to say that to me.

"Thanks." I sighed.

When we were finally done, I left her alone as she was getting ready. I walked downstairs to find Ella in the kitchen. I smiled once I walked in, then saw her look at me with her eyes wide.

"You look amazing!" She smiled, making me chuckle.

"Thanks." I stood next to her as she was making a sandwich, which made me smile as she was making a mess.

Ella looked over at me as she was stuffing her face with the sandwich. I saw her smile as she looked me up and down, then caught my eyes as I was watching her. "What shoes are you wearing?"

"Not high heels." I said as I crossed my arms. "Flats or sneakers."

"Did mom say that was ok?"

"Who cares?" I chuckles.

Ella swallowed the food in her mouth before placing her sandwich on the napkin that was on the counter. She looked back at me as she wiped her hands together.

"Usually what mom says, goes."

I shrugged. "I'm an adult."

"What was that?" I heard Adeline from behind, which made me turn to look at her. I had to look her up and down a few times because the dress and heels she had on was making my knees weak.

"I forgot." I said as I saw her smile at me.

"Where's your shoes? I gave you heels."

"About that... can I please wear my sneakers?"

She raised an eyebrow as she looked at me. "No, Holly. This is your graduation. You're supposed to be formal." I saw her shake her head before walking out of the kitchen. "I'll find your heels."