Chapter Thirty-One

"Do we have everything?" Adeline asks as we were all packed and ready to go.

It was the start of Spring Break, and Adeline had made plans to take us to the beach for the week. She had already planned out the week, reserved a beach house and everything was ready to go.

Ella couldn't contain her excitement as she was jumping up and down. I had to calm her down after a moment, then smiled at her. I knew she was excited, but the jumping around was making me dizzy.

As we grabbed all of our bags, Adeline opened the door, and I felt my heart stop as a few police officers were standing at the door. I saw Adeline look over, and she placed her bags down as the officer asked for her to step out.

"What's this about?" Adeline asks the officer.

We were all standing on the porch now, and the officer that was standing off the porch was staring hard at me. I couldn't understand why, and it made my nerves shot as he was staring.

"We got a call from anonymous person that... there has been a sexual relationship between you and Holly." He looked over at me.

"Excuse me?" Adeline asks. "Who said this?"

"We can't say. But, we need to investigate the matter." He looks back at me. "Holly, do you mind stepping with me for a moment and talking?" I nodded as I followed him off the porch and down the driveway.

Once we were in front of his car, away from everyone, I felt my heart pound in my chest. I leaned on the back of Adeline's car as he was standing in front of me, which made me cross my arms as I looked at him.

"We just need to investigate. That's all. We've actually had a few calls in about you two."

"You can't tell me who?"

He shook his head. "No. But I want to ask you a few questions. Do you feel safe living here?"

"All the time." I said, making him nod.

"Has Miss Adeline ever... touched you inappropriately?"

"No. Of course not." I shook my head, making him nod again.

The questions were stupid, and I wanted to know who told them about us. I couldn't figure out if it was Miss Allison or the guys that has been after me.

"Wait," I said, making him stop mid-sentence. "I have a plate number of the car that has been stalking me."

"Someone has been stalking you?" He asks, and I nodded. I showed him the photo, which made him look at the phone before looking back at me. "Who?"

"I'm not sure. If could be one of my aunt's friends. I feel like they're after me."

"After you for what?"

"My aunt always told me that if anyone found out that she abused me, then she would have people come after me." I said, making him nod.

He looks back at my phone before taking out a pen and paper. He wrote down the license plate number, then placed the small notepad back into his pocket.

"We'll be sure to look into it... as for right now, our job is to figure out what's going on with you and your teacher."

"Nothing is going on." I sighed. "Maybe it's because we're friends and it's weird for everyone when a teacher and student are close. But I feel so safe here with her. We don't have anything going on with each other, I can assure you that."

The officer nodded before looking towards the house. "Let my partner finish talking to Miss Adeline, and we'll get out of here. Thanks, Holly." He nods at me before walking past me, making me follow behind.