Chapter 20: You know what I want - 1

Caution warning, sexual content ahead!!!

Friday, January 11th, 2023

11:45PM
Wednesday's POV

"See, right on time! I said that we would get here around 11:45 and look," Yoko raises her wrist as if she was showing a watch, only problem is there is no watch on her wrist. "11:45!" I ignore her antics and try to focus my eyes onto the building in front of me. After realizing that it's too dark to see my surroundings, I take out my battery powered flashlight.

"What the fuck is that?" Yoko questions. I turn my body and point the light directly at her. I hate it when people ask moronic questions.

"Don't tell me you don't know what a flashlight is Tanaka." I retort.

"Oh no, I know what a flashlight is. My question, really, is why the hell do you have a foot long flashlight sitting in your jean pocket when you have a phone in the other?" She finishes. I look at her puzzled.

"What good is a phone when I need a light?"

"Enid, help your g-roommate." Yoko states. I'm not positive on who else picked up on it, if anyone, but Yoko was about to introduce me as Enid's girlfriend. Which I am, I'm well aware. However, are we exposing that yet? Contrary to popular belief, I wouldn't mind being public about a relationship. That way, nobody will partake in a poor and embarrassing attempting in flirting with her, knowing damn well what would happen when I found out. Tonight might possibly be the perfect night to have that particular conversation with her. Surely we won't be travelling all together, me and her can simply split off.

Enid walks over next to me and taps my phone screen. A couple days ago I changed my wallpaper. Yes, she did make me, but I'm not minding the whole thing. Now whenever I open on phone, which isn't very often, I'm met with a photo of me and Enid in our cat costumes holding the poe cup trophy. At the time, I didn't know this photo was taken because nobody informed me that a photographer was at the school event. The shot is Enid jumping in the air with a giddy smile on her face with one hand on the award, and me on the opposing side of her, standing still with one hand supporting the other side, both of us looking at each other. Enid swears that she can see a slight smirk on my face. I was reluctant to make this my wallpaper, especially since I don't know how to change it back, but Enid showed me how to put the photo in black and white, so I was okay with the outcome.

She holds down the flashlight icon in the bottom left corner of my phone screen and I watch as a light beams out the other end. I flip my phone upside down to look at the gadget.

"Hm, what else can this device do?" I question, trying to hide my impressment. A few people struggle to suppress a laugh in the group.

"Aren't you rich Addams, you're telling me you've never used a phone before?" Bianca asks. Eyes shift to me as people wait for my reply. It is no secret that my family is well off, then again, that doesn't entail I go around gloating about it.

"I don't expose that sort of information-" I start to simply respond only to get so rudely cut off.

"Two billion dollars." Kent spits out.

Everyone in the group looks over to me, including Enid with a shocked expression. I turn my attention to Kent.

"And why would you think that?" I inquire, hoping that his last statement was simply a lucky guess. Although, I'm slightly intrigued with how he managed to guess the exact amount. He lifts up his phone, exposing the screen. I nod my head, yet again impressed with the small electronic.