Chapter 22: Beyond perfection.

Saturday, January 12th, 2023
3:34AM
Wednesday's POV

I have a lot on my mind.

As you might assume.

We just arrived back at our dorms. After me and Enid...well...you know what I'm referring to, we stayed exploring the building for a while. That is until Yoko and Easton got scared and swore they saw a ghost, causing everyone to disperse and leave. In my eyes, a ghost only made the trip more interesting, but I don't think that was the majority's viewpoint. So, we left, and here I am.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower, it'll only be like five minutes." Enid notes, sliding her shoes off, hanging her jacket back up on the rack, and then walking into the bathroom.

"Why the rush?" I question, confused as she normally takes absurdly long showers that average at around forty-one minutes. I know that because when we started rooming together last year, I timed each one. Later, I presented it to her with a graph after she denied how long they actually took her. I've never understood why it takes her so long, strengthening my suspicion to the shortened amount of time tonight.

She turns back around with a smile on her face. I watch as she walks over in my direction, swiftly taking off her shirt in the process. The presence of faint abs along her stomach is too strong. That along with her breasts perfectly sitting in her pink bra, I can't help but feel slightly weird for staring. I look away, but too late, she already saw where my eyes were set.

"Because I want to get back to you of course." She responds to my previous question, kissing me on my forehead before turning back around into the bathroom. I can see the muscles on her back as she faced away from me, enchanted by the way her hips move as she walks away. "I can feel your eyes on me Addams." She adds before shutting the bathroom door behind her.

Enid Sinclair, the woman you are.

I stand here, speechless and stunned before walking over to my bed. Every morning, I fold my pajamas from the night prior, making them ready for the night ahead. Just recently, I have been wearing a silk black short sleeve button down with matching shorts to sleep, straying away from my night gown. As much as I love the single article of clothing, I think I prefer the two piece more.

Hm, I wonder why.

I unfold the clothes, holding them up in front of me to make sure no critters snuck onto them while I was away. I am not opposed to insects and bugs; I actually prefer them. However, they must ask before touching my things. I'm aware they can't speak the way humans can, but sometimes you can tell when they are polite with what they know is yours, and when they are not.

I suddenly start to feel an intense pain shooting through my stomach. Nothing similar to what I felt back at the hospital, this feels more like being stabbed, when I was stabbed rather. I put down my pajamas, my arms clenching my lower stomach as I feel like I can no longer stand up straight, hunching forward to ease my distress. The pain isn't consistent but coming and going at different rates.

What the hell is happening?

As soon as the uncomfortable feeling begins to suppress, I stand straight up, only to be fooled by an unexpected liquid forming on the inside of my pants. My lower stomach starts to ache again, and my confusion is put aside due to the pain. I can feel the liquid start to drip down my thigh as I quickly make my way to the bathroom door.

"Enid out, now!" I demand. My comfort level decreases by the second as I don't understand what's happening. I can hear Enid scramble on the other end of the door, opening it with a confused expression on her face.

"What? What's wrong?" She asks with a concerned tone. Her hair is freshly wet from the shower as she stands there in a white tank top and plaid pink flannels. I rush past her and into the bathroom right before I close the door behind me, locking myself in with her on the other end. "Wednesday, what's going on?" She says from the other side of the door.