Chapter 12: Midnight

Slight mature content ⚠️~Hearing rocks hitting my widow caused chills to run up my back, but then an annoyed sigh escaped me realizing that Toby may be in my backyard trying to get my attention

~
Hearing rocks hitting my widow caused chills to run up my back, but then an annoyed sigh escaped me realizing that Toby may be in my backyard trying to get my attention. I haven't seen him all day...and here he was, bothering me when I should really be asleep.

I climbed off of my bed, walking towards the window. A cool breeze brushed across my face as I saw the boy bent over, grabbing more pebbles to launch up at my window. He was giggling to himself, before a gasp left his lips seeing me at the windowsill, leaning against my wall.

"Why are you here?" I quietly asked. He raised an eyebrow at the question. It seemed so ridiculous as to why I would ask him this. "It's your birthday, Y/n. Why wouldn't I see you?"

"You waited until 12:30? When it's not even my birthday anymore?" He went quiet, shaking the pebbles in his hand. Toby didn't really know what to say, he knew that he made a mistake by not coming earlier. "I'm sorry. But, I know how to make it up to you."

Really now?

A scoff came out of me before I leaned down to look at him more closely. He was still a few feet away from me though. "Oh yeah? And why should I leave my house so late? It's dangerous." He laughed, and turned his head at the darkness around him. "Yeah, but I can keep you safe. I promise." His words made butterflies erupt in my stomach. I don't know why, but he made me feel safe. Some part of me did want to join him, but being out of my house and just on the street during the night didn't comfort me. "C'mon, you can trust me right?"
————————

Once I met him outside in my backyard, he looked me up and down. All I had on was a black tank top and pajama shorts. A small smirk grew on his face before he put his hand up to his mouth to wipe it off.

Oh my god?

I couldn't help but to smile, feeling all flustered. But then I realized that his mask was off, and I was met with his bare face.

Toby rolled up his baggy sleeve a bit and held his hand out for me to take. Without hesitation, I put my hand into his, feeling the cool ring bands hit my warm skin. Something about how his fingers were long and slim attracted me. You would assume his grip would be a bit weaker because of how they looked, but he had a secure hold on my hand. "So, where do you plan on taking me?" The boy looked over, raising an eyebrow. "Now, why would I tell you when it's supposed to be a surprise?" I playfully rolled my eyes at him, getting ready to walk a good distance.
————————————

The sight of a beautiful waterfall made my eyes widen in surprise. The moon shone above us as the water was continuously moving into the lake below. I looked back at him, wondering how he even found this place. I don't even recognize it.

"Toby?! How the fuck did you find this place?" A smirk stayed on his face the whole time, feeling proud of his discovery. "Well, when you go on plenty of walks, not truly caring about where you're going, you can find some amazing things." He let go of my hand to walk over to the shallow lake. Toby crouched down and put his hand into it, feeling the temperature. I raised an eyebrow at what he was planning. It seemed like he wanted to jump in, but I don't recall either of us leaving with appropriate clothing to swim in.