Chapter 27: Holiday Spirit

November 30th, 2015

November 30th, 2015. 11:50 pm.
~Toby's pov

The sound of my hatchets slipping out of their leather sheaths caught the man's attention as he drank himself away on this park bench. It was deserted enough for no one to approach the lonely stranger. He looked around but never spotted me as I leaned against a lamppost in the distance. The feeling of something wet on my cheek caught my attention. This made me look up at the sky. I smirked at the snow that made itself known.

How festive!

My neck twitched in excitement as the crisp breeze brushed across my face. The faint sound of Christmas music coming from somebody's house also made this all so enjoyable to me.

'So this is Christmas
And what have you done?'

The smirk on my face grew wider at the excellent song choice. I started to swing my hatchet around, studying the man who scrolled on his phone like he had nothing to stress over or even think about. Like he didn't just waste close to four years of two women's lives. Like he didn't almost murder the both of them that night.

Ever since Thanksgiving, it's been hard to get ahold of Y/n. It's pretty obvious as to why she doesn't want me to see her right now, and it's because she got fucked up by her mother's boyfriend. Well...ex boyfriend now.

'Another year over
And a new one just begun.'

The grip I had on my hatchet faltered for a second as my fingers twitched. Once I looked at the watch on my wrist, I decided it was now time I crossed the street.

12:00. It was now December 1st. A new day. And the start of a new holiday.

Anger took control of my body now as my patience drifted out of me seeing that man still sitting down on the park bench as if he had no worries in the damn world. If only he knew.

I put my hatchet away and grabbed my pocket knife out, deciding that it would satisfy me more to torture him slowly. Once the blade clicked, he turned around to see me stab him in his shoulder, the same place Y/n did on thanksgiving to defend herself.
Alex screamed out in pain due to the burning feeling of the sharp knife imbedded into the layers of his skin. I couldn't help but to burst out into laughter. "You!" He gasped out, wrapping his hand around mine as I never let go of the handle of my knife. He went to hit me, or push me off, but my other hand wrapped around his throat. "Me?!" I gasped, acting as if I was as shocked as he was to see me. "Oh no! It is me!" I threw his back into the picnic table by his neck and let go of him. He leaned over, catching his breath as I grabbed my hatchet once again.

A smile stretched across my face seeing him in pain. "You put your hands on my pretty little girlfriend. You hit her, and you hurt her mother." He looked up at me in fear, making eye contact with me and really saw the craziness in my expression. But no matter how much fear a man feels, their fake bravery will still run them into their early graves.

I grabbed my pocket knife out of his shoulder and when I went to stuff put it into my pocket after making the blade go back into the metal, Alex punched me square in the face, causing me to go barreling into the damn ground.

Fuck!

I felt my chin hit the dirt and my head became dizzy for a few seconds, but I used the picnic table to help myself up. Alex was a good few feet away from me because he was sprinting. A grumble escaped me as I tightened my grip on the handlebar of my hatchet. I then took off after him.

It will always feel weird to chase someone in the snow as it falls down on you.

It didn't take me too long to catch up with Alex once again and when I did, I decided to throw my hatchet into his back. A big laugh escaped my chest seeing it stick out of him as his body fell face first into the dirt. The man only screamed out in pain while clawing at the ground in attempts to get away from me, but that was always inevitable. I've never once failed to kill my targets.

Alex continued to grunt before I ripped the blade out of his back. "Trust me, Alex. If you were worried about dying as someone who inflicted pain on a family as their last actions on this Earth, don't stress about it, because this is healing something deep inside of me. So, I'd take it as a good thing! You helped a boy deal with his crippling mental issues!" I planted my foot own onto his lower back. It was hard to extend this process, but I had to, it's better to savor the moment this time.

"Fuck you, and that little cunt, Y/n. I should've killed her when I had the chance."

"HUH?? I can't hear you!! You've gotta be louder Alex!"

"I said—" he went to repeat the words that came out of his mouth, but he couldn't before I swung my hatchet down onto the back of his knee. "I heard what you said, you fucking idiot!" And I didn't stop until his leg was detached from his body. All you could hear in the area was screaming. And I enjoyed the feeling I got from seeing the blood soak into the ground and splatter onto the blades of grass.

'And so this is Christmas.
I hope you had fun.'

"You know, I hope you realize how much of a shitty life you led until the end! And this world is a better place with you gone!"

I kicked his body over to see him on the verge of passing out from the pain. "Awe, and I thought we had more time."

With one swing, his head was now clean off of his body. I sighed, dropping my weapon into my sheath again and took the bag off of my shoulders to reach in and grab the shit I needed. I grabbed a gift tag out and struggled to write because of the gloves I had on. They were now hella bloody.

I tied it around his leg and it said "Happy Holidays!" And I slapped a cute little bow onto his forehead.
Now, to hide the body in his parents backyard to make them guilty!
~

 Now, to hide the body in his parents backyard to make them guilty! ~