Chapter 21: The Sticky Note

~Y/n's pov

~Y/n's pov

My eyelids felt heavy as I stared at the worksheet on my desk. Nothing made sense to me right now as I had been running on an hour of sleep all day. Having to be awake for all of my classes didn't make this any better.

The pencil in between my fingers had fallen as I lost its grip on it. My mind was wandering to other places, thinking back on everything I watched last night. And I had the urge to watch more and more until the series was finished.

"Yo, Y/n, are you okay?" The girl next to me shook my shoulders, making a small surge of energy to shoot through me. I looked over at Hazel who had an eyebrow raised and concern etched into her features. She has never really seen me like this before, so zoned out and exhausted. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I was just up all night." She shook her head before glancing over at my work, which there was none of. "Doing what?" Hazel grabbed the worksheet and started to underline certain phrases and information that would help me better understand what I was doing. I debated on telling her as I watched her fingers drag her pencil across the piece of paper.

Should I tell her? About marble hornets? This would force me to open up more about Brian.

A sigh escaped me as I was handed back my worksheet. "I was going through letters my brother sent me years ago because I was bored and I got grounded." Hazel looked at me in surprise, not expecting for me to ever get in that much trouble. "What the hell? What did you even do?"

My cheeks started to burn a bit as I remembered what went down this weekend, I had been too worried about figuring out this big mystery that I forgot about Toby and I. She tilted her head in confusion, but I could tell that she was just burning with curiosity. "So you know that boy I like?" Hazel nodded slowly, waiting for the next part of the story.
"Well, after the party, I snuck him in and we sort of...you know." The girl's eyes widened at the words that had just escaped my lips. She sprung forward and grabbed my shoulders in excitement. "No way, now way, are you serious?!" Her tone has caused the others in the classroom to look over at us because of how loud she was being. I could only lower my head to hide myself from their gazes.

"Yes. I'm serious. Now can you shut your big ass mouth?" She let go of me, and took a moment to calm her self down.

"But Alex walked in the next morning. Long story short, he got pissed and grounded me. So I don't have my phone and I don't know when I'm getting it back. That's what caused me to re read old letters and I searched up the name of my brother's friend's film project. The shit that is in it is all too terrifying. It has things that connect with shit that's going on in the news today. Like with the symbol we saw on the news, that's connected with Jack's disappearance, it's their profile picture on YouTube." Hazel backed up a bit, she looked at me in confusion once again.

"What do you mean?"

"I know that I'm doing a piss poor explanation right now because my brain is scrambled, but look up marble hornets when you get home. I'm gonna finish it when I do. And maybe look for the answers afterwards."