Chapter 24: The Discovery

Third person pov~November 21st, 2015

Third person pov~
November 21st, 2015. 1:15 pm.

Sara's room was left quiet after Y/n went home. They could obviously see that she was distressed and embarrassed. They weren't ever supposed to see that, and they didn't know how to even approach the situation or express their concern for her.

Even though Hazel had her back, she still can't shake the feeling she had...like something was off about this Tobias guy. "Can you fucking believe that? Mutilating your partner and carving your name name into them? What the hell did she sign herself up for?!" Lila had her hands on her hips, huffing after basically yelling at the other two girls.

Sara didn't know how to feel. She was definitely concerned, but she didn't feel like she had the right to judge her friend. Especially for something she consented to and wanted. "I don't know, Lila. What if it really isn't that big of a deal?" She scoffed, bawling her hand up into a fist, feeling frustrated with the two in the room who settled on Sara's bed. She couldn't understand why they weren't as concerned. Lila thought this whole situation was fucked and gross. "We don't even know anything about him, Sara! All that we know is that he fought for her and that she fucked him. This is making me think that Y/n doesn't even know who she's offering herself to on a damn silver platter."

Hazel sighed, clutching her forehead as she was starting to get a headache. Lila was pissing her off. If she was getting abused, immediately blaming her and victimizing her wouldn't help the girl either. "There's nothing we can do. If she wants that...she wants that." Sara said and fell backwards into her pillows, knowing that the night would be ruined as everyone was riddled with worry.

Even though Hazel was coming up with ways to defend her best friend, she still couldn't shake the familiarity in that fucking name.

Tobias. Tobias? It was all that repeated in her head. "Sara, hand me your laptop." She looked over at the girl in confusion. "Why?"

"I'm about to do CIA level of research." This lightened the tension in the mood a bit as it gained a chuckle out of Sara. She got up to grab it off of her nightstand and slid it over to Hazel who whipped it open.

Lila decided to sit down next to Sara and watch in anticipation. They knew that she was going to search his name up, but the thought of her finding anything scared them a bit.

Hazel typed in his name through the Google search engine and hit enter.

Everything froze in that room as a few news articles popped up.

The girls wanted to deny this, but it was all too real.

Hazel gulped before clicking on the first link. It was to an old news article that was titled, "15 year old teen boy on the run after killing his father and soon committing arson." They read the full details of the report.

His full name was Tobias Erin Rogers, and he was a fucking criminal.

Sara shook her head, backing up from the computer. "We can't be so sure! He could just have a common name. He can't be the same guy who did this shit!" Hazel then clicked on the next page to see an all too familiar image. It was the same one used on the news when they all went to help Y/n study for her psychology quiz. And her heart sank seeing the same symbol that is associated with him, that fucking circle with an X over it. The same one Y/n has been seeing everywhere.